B7200 HST Speed Control problems

Orangefox40

Equipment
B7200HSD_FEL+Blade, 1986
Jan 2, 2010
Haliburton, Ontario, Canada
My 1986 B7200 HST Has been working great until suddenly it stopped moving. The forward / reverse pedal would not make it move in either direction. I have checked the linkages and they seem to be where they should be. Gaining access to the area where the speed control mechanism enters the transmission is almost impossible as everything is contained within the forward transmission housing. There does seem to be a fair bit of play in the actual pedal shaft so maybe the bushing is worn but I wouldn't think that would prevent the speed control from working. Any assistance with this issue would be greatly appreciated

Donystoy

Equipment
LX2610HSDCC, B/H, Loader, plus numerous other attachments. B7200 sold
Dec 10, 2013
Binbrook, Ontario
I had a similar issue a few years ago. The linkage connecting it to the transmission behind the side of the tunnel had broken. Dealer wanted to split the tractor to make the repair. I used a hole saw and cut a access hole through the side to get the pin out so the linkage could be removed and welded.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
You need to look at it from the underside, use a camera or a mirror.
check the drive shaft that drives the HST, if the clutch went out, the HST will not work.