B7200 HST new owner wondering about 3 pt capability

PaceB7200HST

Equipment
B7200 HST
Nov 23, 2022
Traverse City, MI
Just purchased a new (to me) B7200 HST with a snowblower and belly mower. I love it and I’m looking for more ways to use it in the summer besides mowing. I know that 3 point buckets and carriers can be a good option. Does anyone have experience or operate a B7200 with a quick hitch and/or a 3 pt bucket? What would the best option be for a quick hitch and 3 pt set up? Any recommendations on a rear bucket? Thanks for any help!

torch

Equipment
B7100HSD, B2789, B2550, B4672, 48" cultivator, homemade FEL and Cab
Jun 10, 2016
Muskoka, Ont.
What would the best option be for a quick hitch
Oh Lord, now you've done it! Asking that question around here is akin to asking what oil you should use in a car forum.

A lot depends on what YOU mean by "best". The most inexpensive? The easiest to use out of the box? The most adaptable for use with the widest range of attachments? Closest paint match? Least likely to need longer drive-shafts from the PTO?

Generic inexpensive ones abound, available at places like Harbor Freight and TSC. They do the job -- provided that you have all compatible attachments and are willing to use adapter sleeves on the pins because they generally have cat2 size hooks and cat1 size distances. But the same is true of many more expensive versions too.

There are "true" cat1 versions out there (Speeco is one brand, IIRC) that does not need bushings. But again, the dimensions between the pins are fixed so if your attachments vary from the accepted dimensions, they won't work either.

In that case, you might want to look at the Pat's style (also available from discount Chinese vendors), which can accommodate a wide variety of widths but needs more fiddling to adjust and special bent washers.

I bought the cheap $100 one and modified my attachments to fit.

Reactions: 1 users

mikester

Equipment
M59 TLB
Oct 21, 2017
Canada
www.divergentstuff.ca
Since you already bought the machine why ask about capacity now? Numbers are meaningless at this point. You are basically asking how much weight can you carry in a wheelbarrow. The answer is "it depends".

Go buy that bucket and try it. If you cant lift it full take smaller scoops.

If you need to move a lot of dirt in a short amount of time you need an appropriate machine for the job. Right now it's make do with what you have.

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
I bought my dirt scoop (rear bucket) from Northern Tool and it is the store brand. It is a reversible style and it works well. But in the forwards position it is really close to the tractor and requires a very short top link.

Putting on a quick hitch will probably move implements a few inches to the rear and could be helpful in the top link length but will reduce the lifting capacity.

See if Kubota books dot com has the operator’s manual for the lift capacity.

See this thread for information about various rear quick hitch styles

Reactions: 1 user

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
Adding any 'quick hitch' will cost you money, reduce payload and odds are won't WORK with ALL implements.
You've got a 'small' tractor (17HP) so connecting any 3PH implement should be easy,especially on level ground.
Buy a 'store brand', generic 'bucket' and maybe a 'carryall'. Both will cost far less than 'big named' units, weigh less but will probably max out the capacity of your tractor. You WILL need front weight ,assuming no loader ) to offset the rear payloads.

PaceB7200HST

Equipment
B7200 HST
Nov 23, 2022
Traverse City, MI
Oh Lord, now you've done it!
It appears I have! Ha I didn’t know that the issue would be polarizing. Really appreciate your detailed response. By “best”, I was really thinking of ease of use/adaptability. You clearly use your B7100 extensively and utilize a QH, which tells me it can be done the right way. Most responses (here and elsewhere) have told me essentially to “ditch the hitch”, due to diminished lift capacity with one on. Any input on this? Regardless, you’ve given me options to consider. Time to dive into a more pointed search with your suggestions!

PaceB7200HST

Equipment
B7200 HST
Nov 23, 2022
Traverse City, MI
Since you already bought the machine why ask about capacity now?
We’re relatively new homeowners with a few acres and a long driveway. We’ve relied on underpowered options for the past year and this B7200 ticked the two boxes we absolutely needed; great snow blowing capacity and higher powered mowing. Always wanted a tractor like this but didn’t think it would be an option for awhile. Now that I have it, the potential of wider usage (3 PH) led me here looking for input

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
We’re relatively new homeowners with a few acres and a long driveway. We’ve relied on underpowered options for the past year and this B7200 ticked the two boxes we absolutely needed; great snow blowing capacity and higher powered mowing. Always wanted a tractor like this but didn’t think it would be an option for awhile. Now that I have it, the potential of wider usage (3 PH) led me here looking for input
Russell King has pointed you to the site you need to get an Operators' manual.
Manual
Page 22 of this manual has a detailed chart showing how much you can lift or tow.
The answer depends upon the distance from the end of the lift arms for stuff supported by the 3 pt hitch.
Below is just a portion of the manual page:
forum B7200 spec.jpg

Dave

PaceB7200HST

Equipment
B7200 HST
Nov 23, 2022
Traverse City, MI
I bought my dirt scoop (rear bucket) from Northern Tool
I’ve seen a few examples of the reversible scoop style looking around online. Good to hear from someone with experience using one! I found an old promo video for the Westendorf Rear-ender or auto dump WR-20 which looked pretty great too but can’t seem to find any on the resale market. I’ll look more seriously at the reversible scoop style now though. Thanks for your input and link to the thread. I’ve got some reading to do

PaceB7200HST

Equipment
B7200 HST
Nov 23, 2022
Traverse City, MI
Adding any 'quick hitch' will cost you money, reduce payload and odds are won't WORK with ALL implements.
This seems to be the general consensus. Most of my Kubota experience is on an LX2610 and the QH has been very helpful but I know they’re very different tractors. Seems like the smaller size of both tractor and implement will make hookup without a QH more approachable. Good note on the front weights too. Thanks for your help!

torch

Equipment
B7100HSD, B2789, B2550, B4672, 48" cultivator, homemade FEL and Cab
Jun 10, 2016
Muskoka, Ont.
Most responses (here and elsewhere) have told me essentially to “ditch the hitch”, due to diminished lift capacity with one on. Any input on this?
It is true that anything that extends the length of the lift arms will diminish the lift capacity somewhat. This is true of both front end loader arms and 3ph arms. But I think it is usually more of an issue with a FEL than a 3ph. In the case of the loader, the whole purpose is to lift things, often heavy things.

In the case of the 3ph, the primary function tends to be pulling things and the lifting capacity is almost incidental. Yes, the 3ph mechanism has to lift the weight of the implement itself, but with a few exceptions it usually doesn't have to lift much in the way of additional material. In my case, the few extra inches added by the QH has had a negligable affect, and it's usefulness and ease of connection far outweighs any such penalty.

One exception of course is the bucket you are interested in. There are also fork attachments that can be added to a 3ph. It these cases it is possible that the QH will reduce the weight of material it can lift. So you might want to look at a weld-on option, wherein the ends of your lift arms are cut off and the new mechanism is welded on with little appreciable difference in the final length.

OR

Just get yourself a FEL, which is light years ahead of a rear bucket in terms of usefulness. Also light years ahead in price, but again, personal choice...

parttime1017

Equipment
B6100E Kubota
Feb 2, 2021
Maryland
Figure about 100# difference of lift using a quick PTO hitch and not.
I use pallet forks and the rear bucket dealing with firewood. The amount of weight you need on the front is considerable.

I decided the front end loader was a lot easier to control and easier on your neck. I'm in the process of building a FEL.

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
It appears I have! Ha I didn’t know that the issue would be polarizing. Really appreciate your detailed response. By “best”, I was really thinking of ease of use/adaptability. You clearly use your B7100 extensively and utilize a QH, which tells me it can be done the right way. Most responses (here and elsewhere) have told me essentially to “ditch the hitch”, due to diminished lift capacity with one on. Any input on this? Regardless, you’ve given me options to consider. Time to dive into a more pointed search with your suggestions!
Congrats on the B. I am biased and I have a QH on one machine and a pats on the other. I prefer the pats…it’s easier and more flexible to a variety of implements IMO. I most likely would not buy a quick hitch again, I should have bought the pats instead. I think before you decide figure out which implements you plan to use and how often. Then figure out which attachment makes the most sense. If none of them are very big, IMO it’s easier to set them on dollys assuming you have concrete and hook them up…they should roll and manuever easy to the 3pt on a dolly.