B7200 Brake Shaft Oil Seal

LowInOhio

Equipment
B2301
Aug 6, 2014
Nashport, OH
www.nashportohio.com
Just checking to see if anyone out there happens to know the part number for a B7200 brake shaft oil seal. These are dry brakes...supposed to be. Ordered a new one from local Kubota dealer, and after a week of waiting, found that it was not the right part. You can see the pictures of the shaft with the original seal, then the new seal hanging on the shaft. I think it's a little loose.

Also, while I have this apart, and will soon be draining fluid, what transmission fluid works in the gear drive B7200? I've read a lot of posts about the "Super UDT-2" oils, but it seems they are more suited for hydro trans. What do others with similar models use?

thanks

Attachments

76_Bronco

Equipment
B7200 4WD w/FEL, 4' disc, 4' Brush Hog, 14" Plow, 4' Blade, JD 246 2 row Planter
Mar 28, 2012
Rainsville, Al
It should be part # 67401-14960 And I have used the universal gear oil from Tractor supply and walmart in my gear driven B7200.

Last edited:

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
Universal tractor fluid. Or tgh - trans gear hydraulic.
All suitable. Quite a few have charts that show what they are compatible with.
You will find the udt rating on a few.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Did you get the "right" seal?
Is the seal tight in the hole on the outside dimension?
If it is, then you have something bad going on as the shaft is nowhere near center.
I'm hoping the seal is the wrong one and it's loose in the hole.

LowInOhio

Equipment
B2301
Aug 6, 2014
Nashport, OH
www.nashportohio.com
Did you get the "right" seal?
Is the seal tight in the hole on the outside dimension?
If it is, then you have something bad going on as the shaft is nowhere near center.
I'm hoping the seal is the wrong one and it's loose in the hole.
The picture with the seal hanging on the shaft is part number 66466-14960, which apparently supersedes 67401-14960. Regardless, it's way too big. I measured ID of the spline shaft and got @ .870. This seal is over an inch ID. I'm pretty sure OD is way off too. The numbers seem to be right, but it's definitely not right for this machine. Will be heading to Kubota dealer in the morning to see what they have to say (and return the seal). I have yet to remove the old seal. Have learned that lesson!!

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
if you pull the old seal out and take it with you they might have a easier time of finding the right seal.
The 66466-14960 # is a new # for the 67401-14960.

cb750k8

Equipment
B7200HST D 4X4
Aug 23, 2013
Dublin, Ireland
HI
Oil seals are standard components and most likely not made by Kubota. On this tractor they are millimetre sizes. You can purchase them on ebay or a local bearing supplier. If you measure the Internal and Outside diameters and width in mm and search or visit your bearing supplier with the old one you could sort the issue.
Cheers

LowInOhio

Equipment
B2301
Aug 6, 2014
Nashport, OH
www.nashportohio.com
HI
Oil seals are standard components and most likely not made by Kubota. On this tractor they are millimetre sizes. You can purchase them on ebay or a local bearing supplier. If you measure the Internal and Outside diameters and width in mm and search or visit your bearing supplier with the old one you could sort the issue.
Cheers
OK. I mentioned lessons learned about removing old seal before new one is in hand. May have worked against me this time. Went to Kubota shop. After a while of scratching heads and looking at pictorials for the tenth time, a mechanic came out an mentioned something about a sleeve, which to me looked like it was part of the seal. It wasn't, and that's why the seal ID looked large. Sleeve was "probably" ok, but for $9 I replaced it.

Sleeve part# 67401-14970, and was stock part a dealer. Must be used elsewhere.

Tractor is on the re-assembly line.

Thanks everyone for their input.