B7200 automatic trailer hitch

Duffsfarm

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B7200D, B7200DHST, G3HST, KMS 180 Backhoe
May 22, 2014
Drogheda, Louth, Ireland
I made an automatic trailer hitch for my B7200. The trailer hook is lowered by the 3 point arms. You then reverse back to the trailer until the hook is under the towing eye and then lift the hook. The latching mechanism automatically locks the raised hitch in place. I have posted a video on You Tube showing the operation.https://youtu.be/eqAjgoCl-dg

Attachments

bcp

Equipment
BX2360
Apr 20, 2011
SW WA
I was about to mention that you had probably seen that system on some European tractors, but then I noticed your location.

:D

Bruce

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Does it have a stop to keep it from going too high?

hope to float

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450
Feb 18, 2018
Ireland
I made an automatic trailer hitch for my B7200. The trailer hook is lowered by the 3 point arms. You then reverse back to the trailer until the hook is under the towing eye and then lift the hook. The latching mechanism automatically locks the raised hitch in place. I have posted a video on You Tube showing the operation.https://youtu.be/eqAjgoCl-dg
I want :cool:

Duffsfarm

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B7200D, B7200DHST, G3HST, KMS 180 Backhoe
May 22, 2014
Drogheda, Louth, Ireland
It is a typical European style hitch, unfortunately Kubota don't make one, hence the home build. The hook is from a hitch off a Ferguson 20, I just fabricated the mounts, latching mechanism and lifters. The hitch always comes up to its final latching height which is fixed. It is all set up so that the 3 point arms raise to their maximum position to engage the latch. Once the hitch is latched the arms are lowered to normal position. To unlatch, the arms are lifted to the max position which takes the pressure off the latch, the release lever is pulled to open the latch, and the arms are lowered to let the hitch down. The system works equally well with a loaded or empty trailer.