B7100hst

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
John Deere 790 John Deere 310 backhoe Bobcat 743
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
Well, I have a Kubota filter on her now (made in Indonesia genuine Kubota) and she is running like a clock, I am with you Hodge, never dreamed it could be a filter, Big Kahuna had superb information. I Talked to Kubota and they told me a broken ring, when I told them it was the filter, they were astonished! Have mowed 5 acres with it so far and no oil dripping. Blades didn't last too long though after hitting all the rocks, so I built a fixture for my milling machine to mill the blades sharp rather than grinding and it does both sides exactly the same.

she's a great little tractor, thanks for all the help guys. Now I am helping a guy on here with his deck gearbox. What a beautiful place this forum is with beautiful people!

Quinka
It is so refreshing to see a clear solution and an easy fix! And, you are right- this forum is exemplary. I belong to numerous other forums, and OTT is THE best.

BadDog

Equipment
B7100D TL and B2150D TLB
Jun 5, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
Just bought a B7100D. Good to know on this, in the past I've always spec'd Wix for everything!

kubotasam

Equipment
B2410, B7100dt, B7500,Woods BH750,Landpride 2660RFM, Tiller, B2781 Snowblower
Apr 26, 2010
Alfred Maine
Blades didn't last too long though after hitting all the rocks, so I built a fixture for my milling machine to mill the blades sharp rather than grinding and it does both sides exactly the same.

Quinka
I would be very interested in a picture or 2 of the jig you built for sharpening.

Stubbyie

Jul 1, 2010
Midcontinent
I too would like documentation regarding the milling fixture for blade sharpening. Sounds interesting.

Concerning filters: I have had great results with Baldwin and Donaldson for every engine we have in captivity.

One 'trick': stand the new filter upright out of the way before starting to drain oil. Fill new filter all the way to the gasket with new oil and let it sit upright while you drain old. By the time you get ready for it the new filter will have absorbed the new oil load and preloaded the filter media. To prove this turn the newly oiled filter upside down--nothing runs out.

Been doing this for years since an old Ford that the pressure gauge wouldn't show any pressure until filter loaded. Once I counted to twenty before caught pressure. Worried me. After preloading filters the guage showed pressure almost instantly.

quinka

Equipment
L245DT with FEL and backhoe, B7100HST
May 6, 2011
Heflin AL
Been busy mowing with the B7100 so haven't been back lately, I will take some pics of the fixture as soon as I get a chance and post them. It is just a block of steel 1/2 the length of the blades milled at a 30° angle, then 2 tapped holes in it for clamping and 2 dowel pins for location, then mill one side, turn around and mill the other side at same setting, if you need to cut more, just do the other side at same setting. Works very well and keeps the cutting edge straight. I read that you should leave 1/32 flat on edge (which I do) it actually gives each blade 2 cutting edges (one on each side of the 1/32 flat).

Quinka