B7100HST Govenor

jmm

Equipment
B7100HST, FL1000 Rotary tiller, 6' rear mount blade,AT2560 mower, 4' snow blower
Jul 10, 2010
Saskatchewan
I think that the govenor on my tractor isn't functioning. If I set the throttle to a relatively hi idle, and step onto the forward travel pedal and push harder and harder on it, the engine loades down more and more to the point that the engine would quit. Anyone have any ideas how to fix this? Also what is the maximum no load RPM? At wide open throttle it seems to be reving quite hi, just want to make sure I'm not over reving it.

Thanks in Advance
Jmm:confused:

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
Sounds like it could be a hydraulic filter clog. On the cheap drain and replace with new fluid and replace the filter and see what that might do.

kuboman

Dec 6, 2009
Canada
I think that the govenor on my tractor isn't functioning. If I set the throttle to a relatively hi idle, and step onto the forward travel pedal and push harder and harder on it, the engine loades down more and more to the point that the engine would quit. Anyone have any ideas how to fix this? Also what is the maximum no load RPM? At wide open throttle it seems to be reving quite hi, just want to make sure I'm not over reving it.

Thanks in Advance
You say the engine pulls down...does it smoke when doing this? If it does not then change your fuel filter. I would change all the filters starting with the fuel, air, hydraulic etc.
Need more details:confused:

jmm

Equipment
B7100HST, FL1000 Rotary tiller, 6' rear mount blade,AT2560 mower, 4' snow blower
Jul 10, 2010
Saskatchewan
Thanks for your reply Kuboman.

Well when I am working the tractor hard, tilling or pulling the 6 foot blade, it will smoke black quite a bit, getting it to smoke black at full throttle is no problem. Its at the lower rpm when applying to much load the engine idle keeps on dropping the more load I apply. Shouldn't the govenor kick in and try to maintain the idle speed that it is set at?

Thanks again

kuboman

Dec 6, 2009
Canada
Thanks for your reply Kuboman.

Well when I am working the tractor hard, tilling or pulling the 6 foot blade, it will smoke black quite a bit, getting it to smoke black at full throttle is no problem. Its at the lower rpm when applying to much load the engine idle keeps on dropping the more load I apply. Shouldn't the govenor kick in and try to maintain the idle speed that it is set at?

Thanks again
It is a little hard to diagnose because everyone has a different perception of things but these older engines are a bit 'lazy' except at the higher rpm's. But yours maybe has a problem. I would still change all the filters. Especially the fuel and air filters.