B7100hst bush hog size

BravoXray

Equipment
BX-25D, Ford 9N, Bobcat 825. Too many implements to list
Feb 6, 2014
Lake Winola,PA.
I think you could use a 48" without much trouble. You only have about four hundred pounds of lift on your three point hitch, and you might run out of horsepower if you go much larger. A lot depends on what kind of brush your cutting.

Jerry

Jeff Gordon

Equipment
B7100hst,loaderb1630-c
Jul 18, 2015
Oxford,Michigan
Thanks Jerry that's kind of what I had in mind and also the fact I don't want it to much wider than my tractor.Thanks PS,good info on how much my 3pt will lift.

BravoXray

Equipment
BX-25D, Ford 9N, Bobcat 825. Too many implements to list
Feb 6, 2014
Lake Winola,PA.
I think it's tractordata.com that I found your tractor's specs. I have a 48" Bush Hog Squealer that I use with my BX-25D, and it's the perfect size for me.

Jerry

crippler

Equipment
KUBOTA Bx23s, KUBOTA B6200, KUBOTA B7400, KUBOTA B7800, Mitsubishi D1500 II
May 25, 2014
Carthage NY
I run a 5 ft on my B6200 and it cuts down trees the size of your arm. If the tractor will knock it down the brush hog will cut it. The guy who owned it before me had the injector pump turned up and when she labors the black smoke pours out and she pulls like a bitch ! In the pic it has a 4 ft finish mower that I hardly use. With new blades I mow the lawn with the brush hog and you can't tell the difference from the finish mower. I did find that moving the 3 point hitch bracket down on the brush hog helps it slide better and not pull down on it. Remember our tractors are not as high as most class one tractors so it is good to drop thr pins and third link down about 6 inches closer to the machine. I have done 3 (5 footers) for friends with smaller compact tractors.

Attachments

Last edited:

wv bc owner

Jul 26, 2015
US
I run a 42" on my bx2200 it does just fine not many issues with it.I will try and move my pins on mine . These little tractors definitely have a learning curve all their own a lot different than the 8n it replaced.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk