B7100

Jerry Martin

Jul 15, 2013
Luck. WI
I had my B7100 recently rebuilt?

No power!

Been in the shop 3 times since, every time told different thing is wrong?

Been told it’s a cooling issue, rings have not seated and list goes one?

Any ideas?
I have owned this tractor since 1990 !

Frustrated, not sure if I should scrap it and spring for a new one. I own two of them and I’m at a lost?

Any ideas?

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
I had my B7100 recently rebuilt?

No power!

Been in the shop 3 times since, every time told different thing is wrong?

Been told it’s a cooling issue, rings have not seated and list goes one?

Any ideas?
I have owned this tractor since 1990 !

Frustrated, not sure if I should scrap it and spring for a new one. I own two of them and I’m at a lost?

Any ideas?
Was the pump rebuilt and the injectors replaced or at least tested?

Injector timing?

Compression test?

Smoke? Color?

SDT

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
Most tractor shops have a dynamometer which connects to the pto shaft and measures the tractor's actual power output.

Find a shop which will do such a test. Many shops use the dyno after a rebuild to seat the rings as they can load down the tractor gradually demanding more and more power from the pto shaft.

This would let you know where the engine stands and eliminate any arguments.

This youtube video shows you the blue colored dyno and how easy the test is to do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9wlh9q32i4

Dave

Bill Groom

Equipment
B7100 HST
Apr 2, 2019
N.E. Ohio
How many hours since the rebuild? Was the fuel system purged, cleaned, and filled with fresh fuel? Does it bog down, or completely stall out? How is it just running around the property, with just travel speed, no ancillary load? They are a solid tractor, i would exhaust all measures before deciding to retire it. Good luck, some very smart fellas on here will be able to help more.

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk

gas man

Equipment
b7100hst
May 25, 2019
cny
my b7100 had over 4k hours on it when I bought it but in high range on the slightest grade would put it flat on its face. until I tweaked the screw on the pump. now she will pull my 4' field cultivators and 5' disk in high range, if they're not buried in crazy deep. i'm not saying that is directly your problem, and I have no idea what was done to mine before I bought it. I use mine hard almost everyday, currently clearing out a lot of hedgerows with a 55" grapple!

200mph

Equipment
L4740-3 Cab, FEL, Fnt Snow Blower L2185, LP Finish Mower, LP Rotary Mower
Mar 3, 2017
PA
I've seen the word "Rebuilt" have many definitions when describing engine work. In my book rebuilt mean every wear component is measured and brought back to specification. Is this what happened or was it built meaning they put new rings in, but never checked piston wall clearance and simply ran a hone through it. Were the valves redone and verified to be sealing? Did they give you a build sheet with all the dimensions documented? What other work.

What's missing from your post and perhaps communication with shop is data. That is why members recommended dyno or at least doing a leak down test or compression test.

Give a detailed description along with data and the excellent members on this forum will give solid advice.