B7100 with a 5' shredder ?

botaman

Equipment
B6000E , B6000 , B7100 W/LOADER TILLER , AND FINISH MOWER .
Nov 5, 2009
dale tx u.s.a
it seems like i read something about this , but i did a search and come up with nothing . anyhow i am looking at buying a bush hog/mower/shredder for my B7100 and was wondering if a 5 footer would be to heavy ? i am looking at used ones and the 5 footers are more available and cheaper in my area .
what do you think ?

botaman

Lucky

Equipment
B7100dt and b6001
Feb 17, 2009
Northwoods, WI
I went with a 4' for my b7100 and glad I did. I think a 5 foot is just a little too much for the tractor.

stuart

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B7001 with loader & tiller, 3 point hitch and 4' rear blade
Aug 9, 2009
Aldergrove, BC, Canada
The 4' brush cutters command a higher price used because they fit in between the crop rows. A number of commercial farmers here buy them used then beat the &^^% out of them. I have seen then go for nearly the price of a lower quality new one. If you are talking light usage like a hobby farm, I would suggest going with a new 4' unit. Unlikely you will ever wear it out. I agree that a 5' would be a bit too much work for a B7100.

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
I would strongly advise you not to get a 5 foot bush hogg. I have a 4' Woods behind my B6100 it fits alright behind there but sometimes the tractor seems to be to short in height or the hogg is to big but I cant seem to pick it very far up off the ground. I also face the problem if drags and binds going up the ramps of my trailer and onto the deck, I have to back it on there so the tail wheel hits first and kinda helps lift the hogg onto the trailer.

botaman

Equipment
B6000E , B6000 , B7100 W/LOADER TILLER , AND FINISH MOWER .
Nov 5, 2009
dale tx u.s.a
thanks guy's . i figured that a five foot would be to big ,but i had to ask .
a couple of four foot shredders came up on craigslist today for $300 each and they are both within an hours drive . i think i'll go check them out . both are suppose to be in good shape .

botaman