B7100 power steering

MMudd

Equipment
B7100 HST
Jun 3, 2014
Cnetral MO
Was wondering if anyone had installed a torque generator style poser assist on a small kubota such as those offered by char-lynn. They basically go in the steering column between the steering wheel and the steering gear box. maybe it would be too long? Seems it would be an easy add on if it could fit in the length of the column. We had an farmall M tractor that had this and it worked great. My tractor does not have a loader, but steering assist would still be nice for my lawn mowing spouse.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I would say space would be a problem, second I would say that it would not be wise as it would cause more stress on the already weak steering box.
I looked at replacing the manual steering box with a true hydrostatic steering but there was just not enough room to do it without massive work.

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
Not sure how your tractor is set up,but i was researching satoh 650 steering difficulty, there are a few solutions, one being shortening the output
Steering arm a couple inches.this lessens the force required to turn.

Another is retrofitting an older dodge truck steering box, aparrently will work with some modifications. Maybe something worth looking at.