B7100 - new guy here.

mykidsdadd

Equipment
B7100D
Aug 1, 2019
Claremore, Oklahoma
Ok so I will make a sketch and take photos before I go removing bolts etc. is there anything else to critical I need to know ? Keep in mind I have never done this before !

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I've rebuilt quite a few of those they are not hard at all.
You can send it to me and I'll rebuild it, it will run you about 3K... Yea you wanna do it yourself! :D

Step one... your going to hate this... Remove the loader and all the supports, they have to come of to pull the engine out.

Be prepared to spend a little money, good rebuild kits are $900 Plus and you'll also want a new Pressure plate, clutch disk, throwout bearing, and pilot bearing.

If the engine was filled with water and froze you could be looking at some other parts like a new head, they run about $800 for a complete head.

Me and others can tell you all the little details to the engines internals when you get into it.

Basically if it doesn't come apart easily don't force it.
Nothing on a kubota engine, besides the sleeves, are press fit, everything will just unbolt and slide out.

mykidsdadd

Equipment
B7100D
Aug 1, 2019
Claremore, Oklahoma
I've rebuilt quite a few of those they are not hard at all.
You can send it to me and I'll rebuild it, it will run you about 3K... Yea you wanna do it yourself! :D

Step one... your going to hate this... Remove the loader and all the supports, they have to come of to pull the engine out.

Be prepared to spend a little money, good rebuild kits are $900 Plus and you'll also want a new Pressure plate, clutch disk, throwout bearing, and pilot bearing.

If the engine was filled with water and froze you could be looking at some other parts like a new head, they run about $800 for a complete head.

Me and others can tell you all the little details to the engines internals when you get into it.

Basically if it doesn't come apart easily don't force it.
Nothing on a kubota engine, besides the sleeves, are press fit, everything will just unbolt and slide out.

Oh geez... Guess I will get started on removing the loader. I assume check head for cracks to determine if it froze ?

iangoround

Equipment
B7100HST w/ L1630
May 13, 2019
Rochester, NY
Oh geez... Guess I will get started on removing the loader. I assume check head for cracks to determine if it froze ?
These things really aren't too hard to tear apart yourself. I just went through a similar ordeal with my project b7100. It came with a loader and a bad rod knock. Took me about an hour to pull off the loader and split the tractor. An engine hoist or chainfall will help a lot.

If you don't want to rebuild that d750, look for a good used engine to swap in. I picked up a d850 from Old Forge Power in PA for about $1800 shipped to me. Had to swap over a few parts from the old engine, but it bolted right in and I was up and running again with about 10 hours total in to the project. Also gained a few HP and an actual water pump instead of relying on the thermosyphon setup of the d750.

I've got a thread on here somewhere with a bunch of pictures of tearing mine apart that might be helpful

mykidsdadd

Equipment
B7100D
Aug 1, 2019
Claremore, Oklahoma
These things really aren't too hard to tear apart yourself. I just went through a similar ordeal with my project b7100. It came with a loader and a bad rod knock. Took me about an hour to pull off the loader and split the tractor. An engine hoist or chainfall will help a lot.

If you don't want to rebuild that d750, look for a good used engine to swap in. I picked up a d850 from Old Forge Power in PA for about $1800 shipped to me. Had to swap over a few parts from the old engine, but it bolted right in and I was up and running again with about 10 hours total in to the project. Also gained a few HP and an actual water pump instead of relying on the thermosyphon setup of the d750.

I've got a thread on here somewhere with a bunch of pictures of tearing mine apart that might be helpful
Thank you. I will search that , will need all the help I can get !

mykidsdadd

Equipment
B7100D
Aug 1, 2019
Claremore, Oklahoma
Rebuild kit ordered, loader and components removed and motivation at a all time high.
Thanks guys ( or gals ). Looking forward to the job now. And a good friends daughter is a world renowned ( seriously ) diesel mechanic for Kamutsu and agreed to bail me out if need be, and I ain’t too proud !!

mykidsdadd

Equipment
B7100D
Aug 1, 2019
Claremore, Oklahoma
Question

The from crank has a chain wrapped around a bar that goes to hydro block for loader and another chain right before said block. Any idea if it’s purpose?

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Question

The from crank has a chain wrapped around a bar that goes to hydro block for loader and another chain right before said block. Any idea if it’s purpose?
Those are flex couplings. ;)
They are the drive for the loader pump. ;)

mykidsdadd

Equipment
B7100D
Aug 1, 2019
Claremore, Oklahoma
Those are flex couplings. ;)
They are the drive for the loader pump. ;)

Is it at all possible that the motor pump is locked up? I had a buddy with a little bit more mechanical experience come out and just could not believe that the tractor was locked up as tight as it is. We put a pipe wrench on the bar from the engine to that pump that you’re talking about and it wouldn’t give even the slightest.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Is it at all possible that the motor pump is locked up? I had a buddy with a little bit more mechanical experience come out and just could not believe that the tractor was locked up as tight as it is. We put a pipe wrench on the bar from the engine to that pump that you***8217;re talking about and it wouldn***8217;t give even the slightest.
Highly unlikely.

Simple to tell, pop the master link and split the chain.
I'll bet you'll be able to spin the pump. ;)

mykidsdadd

Equipment
B7100D
Aug 1, 2019
Claremore, Oklahoma
Update , and question.

So I decided I want to repower the tractor instead of rebuild. Reason being , I need the machine ready to go by late September or sooner. I am going to rebuild the old engine next spring when I have the time to work on it.

I got the old engine out today , took about 3.5 hours and wasn’t too bad really.
Definitely learned a lot and other than being 10,000 degrees on my barn I enjoyed it. Any recommendations on where to look for a reman engine ?

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Update , and question.

So I decided I want to repower the tractor instead of rebuild. Reason being , I need the machine ready to go by late September or sooner. I am going to rebuild the old engine next spring when I have the time to work on it.

I got the old engine out today , took about 3.5 hours and wasn’t too bad really.
Definitely learned a lot and other than being 10,000 degrees on my barn I enjoyed it. Any recommendations on where to look for a reman engine ?
Rebuilt without a core is going to run you in the $5000 range.

https://www.pilotengines.com/engines/engines-by-brand/bobcat/d750b443

I have a D850 @ 22HP fully rebuilt with all Kubota parts, which is more HP than the 17 HP D750 and a direct drop in into a B7100.
I would part with it for 4k plus shipping and no core charge.

Used go for about $2500 and more.

You could ask chris if he has a used one,

https://www.dieselenginetrader.com/engines/Kubota/D750/106490