B7100 exhaust stack question

tiger9297

Equipment
B7100HST-D w/ Bush Hog FEL
Jun 28, 2009
Tupelo, MS
I have a B7100HST and the exhaust is in, what I'm guessing is stock configuration, as it runs parallel with the hood. The problem is that the exhaust tends to come back in my face. I have seen some Kubotas with the exhaust stack standing up vertically. It looks as though it can go either way according to the bolt pattern where the muffler bolts on.

Is there any reason not to turn it up vertical?

If I do will i just need to buy a new gasket?

What about the "tail pipe"? I think it's going to be too short, which may not get the exhaust up high enough and defeat the purpose.

Thanks for the help.

kuboman

Dec 6, 2009
Canada
No problem turning it vertical. Get a new gasket and a piece of pipe from a muffler shop, clamp it and your in business. Never have liked those horizontal exhaust because of the reason you stated.:D

stuart

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B7001 with loader & tiller, 3 point hitch and 4' rear blade
Aug 9, 2009
Aldergrove, BC, Canada
When you do turn it, remember to keep the stack covered whenever the tractor is parked outdoors. A little rain water can make a mess of the valves & pistons. You may have noticed the Tim Hortons cup on the top of the stack in my pictures.

dusty-t

Feb 17, 2009
Mountforest Ontario
Hi Tiger. I did the same thing with my B8200 and you can make your own gasket if you are not close to a kubota dealer. If the bolts are nuts on studs be carefull not to bust the studs. I wasn't so carefull had to pull the exhaust manifold and drill it out on the drillpress.:D dusty

koppel

Dec 15, 2009
Melbourne,Australia
Hi there,

There is a Kubota in my town with a dead engine from water down the exhaust.

I was lookin at it and its exhaust is pointing up. No cap.

My 7100 has horizontal exhaust and I have no plans to turn it vertical till I buy myself a good quality stainless steel exhaust flap cap. Making sure hinge bolt is stainless and wont rust open.

Flap need to be light enough in opening so as to not cause any noticable back pressure in exhaust system. But heavy enough to stay shut in high winds when engine is not running.

hope that helps.

dont forget to add antiseeze copper coat to any exhaust bolts.

Also there are some caps with hole for a Vandal proof lock to be fitted to keep cap closed if need be.

regards
david