B7100 dozer blade dismount???

Makeer

Equipment
B6100E
Feb 18, 2013
Kentucky
Looking for advice on dismounting my dozer blade. I've had no problem removing the frame and blade. The hoses from the cylinders to the control valve were quick disconnect fittings, no problems there.

My question involves the two hoses coming out of the aluminum block from the tractors hydraulic system that feed the dozer controller and cylinders. Can they just be individually plugged or must I somehow form a loop between them. Man are they close together in that block! I want to remove the mast and the control valve on the right side of the tractor.

I've acquired a front end loader with out a sub-frame and I hope to use my dozer sub-frame for both implements at different times of the year.

Any advice would be most appreciated.

Thank you,
Lucky in Kentucky

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Yes your either going to have to get the original bypass block, or loop a hose or line between the two ports.
Your hydraulic system is called an open system and needs to always move fluid, plugging it will cause some serious damage!

al b

Equipment
l345dt, l48, l2550dt
Feb 15, 2012
Ct
Don't you need those hoses to hook up to the loader?

Makeer

Equipment
B6100E
Feb 18, 2013
Kentucky
Don't you need those hoses to hook up to the loader?
No, the loader has it's own pump that runs off the front PTO, and it's own reservoir in the right hand upright.

The right hand upright of the loader frame has it's own control valve and mounts very close to the same place as the dozer mast and control valve. When I remove the dozer mast and control valve I'd like to remove the hoses connecting it to that aluminum block.

I'll be adding a heavy piece of angle underneath and perpendicular to the sub-frame right up next to the part of the sub-frame the back end of the dozer frame hooked into. That's what the loader uprights sit on. I think this loader is a model B-219.

Appreciate the response gentlemen. I feel better about it already.

Any suggestions about tracking down an original bypass block?

al b

Equipment
l345dt, l48, l2550dt
Feb 15, 2012
Ct
Why not have a short hose made up that you can loop the existing hoses and then just tie them up on the tractor? Or set up quick disconnect at the block and then run a small loop. Or you coud run them to the back and have a set of aux ports. I'd do anything to get away from messing with the block once a year. but that is just me.