B7100 doesnt do anything when key turned

mark68

Mar 6, 2014
uk
Hi

Help please i have just purchased a second hand B7100 hst and it was running fine. this is until i took it off the trailer on a slight angle and noticed a heat mark starting on the bonnet so i shut the engine straight off.
On opening the bonnet i found that the seller had forgot to put the battery terminal rubber cover over the positive terminal meaning it was shorting out on the bonnet.
I put the cover back on the battery positive terminal and tried to start the tractor but nothing happens no sounds or anything does anyone have any ideas
please !!

thanks
mark

Rob

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B6000DT / B7100DP /B8200DT/L225/Globe PTO Chipper/Lewis Backhoe/huxley TR66
Nov 22, 2009
Leafy England....
hi Mark and welcome to OTT, nice to see another user on here from the UK.

Anyway, it is more than likely that the short has blown one of the inline fuses behind the instrument panel, the B7100 have several and they can be found in that location.

It would be aslo wise to check the wiring looms for any visible signs of heat damage.
If you have a cuicuit tester or multimeter that will help a lot.

do you have a manual with the correct wiring diagram to hand, if not let me know and i'll email it to you, it is a very handy item to have with these tractors as wiring can get modified over the years.
Dont be surpised if the fuse holder is a bin job, they are not the best of items, sometimes they get cut out completly, it will all become obvious as you go along.
rgds
rob

Last edited:

Big Kahuna

Equipment
Kubota 2000 L3010 HST with Loader ,1992 B7100HST , 1979 B6100E & 2007 F2880
Dec 23, 2011
Homer City, Pa.
Blown fuse, right side of dash behind key switch.
Don't worry, it will live again.

Big Kahuna

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Look for a fuse or burnt fuse link by the starter, the fuse link will look like a piece of wire, it will be a red wire about 4 mm in size.

Apogee

Equipment
B6100, B7100, B8200, B9200, G4200, L175, L35
Jan 22, 2012
Tacoma, WA
The fact that the bonnet was grounding to the battery terminal says to me that I'd check the battery itself, battery cables, and where the ground cable attaches to either the frame or engine. Since it got hot enough to discolor the bonnet, I wouldn't be surprised if it warped a plate in the battery and you will find that it now has a bad cell and is dead. Or perhaps that a cable (or end of the cable) got so hot that it fried it and it's no longer conducting like it should.

I'd be surprised if it was a fuse.

Please let us know what you find.

Welcome to the Kubota world! You are going to love the little beast....

Good luck and don't worry, these little suckers are tough!

Steve

Last edited: