B7100 Clutch Question

pescadorjm

Equipment
B7100, Pasquali 991
Oct 27, 2012
webster, tx
I have a new to me B7100 HST 4X4. My question is; When you push in the clutch pedal should the Hydrostac pedal move to the neutral postion. That is, where the tractor doesn't move forward or backward when the clutch is let out again. If not, how do you know the Hydorstat pedal is in neutral so that the tractor doesn't lurch forward when the clutch is let out.
Thanks

Dwarner

Equipment
B7610 HST, Woods 6500
Aug 3, 2012
Enfield, CT
If you take your foot off of the hydrostat pedal the hydrostat should self center into neutral.

pescadorjm

Equipment
B7100, Pasquali 991
Oct 27, 2012
webster, tx
Dwarner,
My hydrostat pedal doesn't self center. I'll see if I can figure out why.
Any suggestions are appreciated.
Thanks

birddogger

May 29, 2011
Pittsburgh
The pedal usually doesn't return because it hasn't been greased (often enough). Underneath the foot-board, on the tubular pivot there's a zerk fitting that needs a few shots of grease. That or the spring has broken.

pescadorjm

Equipment
B7100, Pasquali 991
Oct 27, 2012
webster, tx
I took the cover off the middle of the tractor and power washed everything. I looked like the grease zerk for the hydrostat pedal hadn't been greased in a long time. There was an adjustable linkage that goes to the speed control lever that was bent and binding against the frame of the tractor. After greasing and oiling all the moving parts it works almost as it should. The pedal doesn't return on it's own when I lift my foot I have to give it a little help with the back of my toe. I will look for a spring. Maybe it's getting a little weak.

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
John Deere 790 John Deere 310 backhoe Bobcat 743
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
You are on the right track. If you want to be on the safe side, pop the high/low range shifter into neutral before you let off of the clutch. Otherwise, with your foot off of the pedal, it won't lurch when you release the clutch.

lsmurphy

Equipment
B7001
Oct 19, 2012
Parrrottsville TN
I took the cover off the middle of the tractor and power washed everything. I looked like the grease zerk for the hydrostat pedal hadn't been greased in a long time. There was an adjustable linkage that goes to the speed control lever that was bent and binding against the frame of the tractor. After greasing and oiling all the moving parts it works almost as it should. The pedal doesn't return on it's own when I lift my foot I have to give it a little help with the back of my toe. I will look for a spring. Maybe it's getting a little weak.

This.

Repair and adjust.

birddogger

May 29, 2011
Pittsburgh
The pedal doesn't return on it's own when I lift my foot I have to give it a little help with the back of my toe.
That is about normal. Give the new grease a while to work; the old grease has long since turned to wax and unless you pumped about half a pound of fresh grease through it there is still a bit of gummy old grease making it sluggish. Plus there is enough accumulated wear in all the little linkages you may not get to fall back to perfect neutral. That's just the way of the beast.

Kubota Tech Eric

Equipment
1972 L175, 1974 L175, 1977 B7100, want B6000
Nov 7, 2012
Escondido, ca
There is also a return to neutral spring. If you remove the center cover you will find a screw with a jam nut on the right side that is an adjustment for the spring tension on the neutral return there is also a bearing that rides on a concave bell crank jut below that you can access it from the bottom. Sometimes some grease helps greatly on the friction surface there. Also there is a Teflon or nylon bushing on the lever that holds it in neutral. A little silicon spray or wd-40 might help. Hope this helps!

pescadorjm

Equipment
B7100, Pasquali 991
Oct 27, 2012
webster, tx
I've tightened the spring adjustment about 1/4 inch. Now I think it is about as good as it will get.
Thanks for all the help.