B7100 & backhoe

F2036

Jan 25, 2014
Bondurant Ia
Last Saturday I bought a B7100 TLB with a little over 1300 hours on the meter. The backhoe needs some TLC, repack a couple of cyls and some new hoses.
My problem is that I don't know how to properly take the backhoe off of the tractor.
Is there an easy way to do this?
What kind of hyd oil should I use?
It is labeled as a Kubota backhoe by mfg by Arps. The loader is the same way Kubota but mfg by Arps, any chance of getting a parts manual for these two?
Any ideas or suggestions will be appreciated.

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
Go to http://www.kubota.com
Select the PARTs button
Select Illustrated Parts List
Accept the legal stuff
Search for your tractor model (B7100)
There will be several matches for different types of B7100
Near some of these will be "Local Options"
You will then see a list of optional equipment for your tractor
Select one that you want to see
You can then see parts manuals that show part numbers and often will let you figure out how things go together.

You can save the picture as a PDF if you need to.

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
John Deere 790 John Deere 310 backhoe Bobcat 743
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
Welcome to OTT!

Dan_R_42

Equipment
B7100-D, w/ Sims Cab, B219 FEL, ARPS 70 Backhoe, Oversized R4 Tires, LX2610 Cab
Dec 1, 2010
Taunton, MA
Arps is no longer in business so finding manuals will be about as rare as hens teeth

Wow, I had no idea they are history. I have a ARPS 70 Backhoe on my B7100. If necessary, I could check to see what paperwork I may have. Would not be able to check til the weekend, if that works for you...

I don't know Eric - they may still be around. Just pulled up this website. ARPS is part of Amerequip Corp. The site is showing links for 70 Series, 80 Series, 90 Series, & 100 Series Backhoes. The B7100 should have the 70 series. The others are to large for the small tractors.

I know that in my area Bay State Gas now called Columbia Gas has ARPS backhoes hanging off the back of many of their service trucks.

It looks like this link is the document library for ARPS & Amerequip brand equipment (Maybe this link should be on a Sticky for OTT members ???)
http://www.amerequip.com/document-library.html

This manual looks like the one I have. I purchased the backhoe around 1985 or 86 for the B7100.
http://www.amerequip.com/assets/documents/70-backhoe-sn1001-and-later.pdf

F2036: go to page 9 for info on removal and storage.
PS: Welcome to OTT...

Last edited:

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
I'm not 100% sure what the Amerequip people do... I see they mention Arps but I don't see any new backhoes or loaders anywhere on their page...

Doing a Google search of Arps no web site for them pops up other then places selling used Arps equipment. Which led me to believe that Arps is no longer around.