B7100- B219 Loader Metal Oil Lines

Dan_R_42

Equipment
B7100-D, w/ Sims Cab, B219 FEL, ARPS 70 Backhoe, Oversized R4 Tires, LX2610 Cab
Dec 1, 2010
Taunton, MA
I was just told by my local Kubota dealer that for my B7100 - B219 loader, replacements for the metal oil lines, have been Mfg Discontinued. I'm referring to the four metal lines that mount to the Lift Frame Assembly.

Has anyone had to replace any or all of these lines? Were you able to find a vendor that could makeup metal replacement lines? Did you have to change over to hydraulic hoses to replace these lines. I'm thinking the hydraulic hoses would be too bulky to neatly install on the lift frame. The lines I'm referring to are #80 & #81.

Wondering if anyone else has had to deal with this issue...
Thanks, Dan

Attachments

Last edited:

olthumpa

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L275
May 25, 2011
Maine
Learn how to make your own.
+1

Any good hydraulics' supplier should be able to provide the proper tubing and flare less fittings such as Swagelok.
If you do not feel confident making them for yourself, any competent hydraulic shop can make them for you. Just take off the lines you want replaced, take them to the shop and have them make exact replacements.:)

Dan_R_42

Equipment
Dec 1, 2010
Taunton, MA
I may have done this back asswards...

I just posted the scan photos on my original post. Sorry !!!

I was told that due to the high pressures I would not be able to do that (make them up myself). Was told it's not like making up a brake line. Then there is the issue of the Tee in the line for the second cylinder.

So it is possible to make up the high pressure metal lines. What tooling do I need to acquire? I'm always looking for a good reason to purchase more tooling !!! :D

Last edited:

lsmurphy

Equipment
B7001
Oct 19, 2012
Parrrottsville TN
Below are pics of a system that I created, different set up but the principles and pressures are exactly the same.

You will need a QUALITY tubing bender and flaring tool, the two will cost you about $50. The rest is a matter of practice. Since you are not going from fixed point to fixed point, you are going hose to hose, so 1/4" +/- and you'll be golden.

And yes, the Ts and couplings and fittings for high pressure are very SPECIFIC to hydraulic, notice the T at the pump....get these fittings only at the hydraulic shops.....NOT your local True Value store.

Doing it yourself.....buying tools and tubing and fittings....you might get out of it for $100-120.......figure $50 in parts. Hell of a lot cheaper than Kubota would have charged.

Dan_R_42

Equipment
Dec 1, 2010
Taunton, MA
lsmurphy, very nice install. Very clean.

Would the fittings you used happen to be the Swedgelok fittings mentioned above in this post or some other brand of flare type fitting ?

Can you point me in the right direction to what would be quality tooling. I'm interested in picking up the bender and flaring tool.

Thanks, Dan

Dan_R_42

Equipment
Dec 1, 2010
Taunton, MA
Does anyone know of any vendors in Southeast MA or RI that handles hydraulic cylinders and hydraulic components. Maybe even NH.

I'm have not been able to find any in my area on a Yellow Pages or Google search.

lsmurphy

Equipment
B7001
Oct 19, 2012
Parrrottsville TN

Craftsman sells the same one for about $20.

The flaring tool I inherited from my grandfather and I don't have a pic of it.

I said quality....I would not trust a Harbor Freight flaring tool to hold the tubing securely while you flare it out....look to NAPA or Craftsman or other........about $30 is my guess.

As to the fittings........they all have different names and numbers and I am not that educated about it. If I were you I'd take one off and take it too the hydraulic shop and let them look at it, tell them you need enough fittings to replicate 4 of them, and enough tubing.

You may be surprised at the cost of just having them make them.....might be cheaper than you think. I like to do things myself when I can, the joy of it.

The hoses are a different matter, when you watch them crimp a fitting to a hose in about 20 seconds......well.....you gotta have the press anyway.....but there is no question that they will make them up.

Dan_R_42

Equipment
Dec 1, 2010
Taunton, MA
Thanks, I know what you are saying about the hoses. I had my local NAPA make up about 27 hoses for my ARPS 70 Backhoe awhile back. They did a nice job.

I have been having a hard time finding a supplier locally for the metal tubes and fittings and such.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I got all the metal tubing and fittings from here: http://shop.hoseandfittings.com/index.html
I bought all weld on fittings but, If you can't gas weld you can do it super simple, Steel line and flareless fittings, yes they are made for hydraulics 8000PSI rated.

Dan_R_42

Equipment
Dec 1, 2010
Taunton, MA
Wolfman, can the SS tubing & fittings be TIG welded or do they need to be done only by Gas welding?

Thank you for the Link to your supplier !!! :)

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Yes you can TIG weld stainless if your skilled.
I used carbon steel lines and carbon steel fittings and brazed it all together with silver solder, Nice and tight and Zero leaks.

Dan_R_42

Equipment
Dec 1, 2010
Taunton, MA
Yes you can TIG weld stainless if your skilled.
I used carbon steel lines and carbon steel fittings and brazed it all together with silver solder, Nice and tight and Zero leaks.

I'm in the process of setting up a scratch-start TIG rig, that's why I was asking. I guess I could go with carbon steel and silver solder them. Hell, the tractor is 30 years old. The steel lines should get me by for at least another 20 years. :D

Dan_R_42

Equipment
Dec 1, 2010
Taunton, MA
lsmurphy, Looking at your photos again I noticed something similar to what I have seen before in my garage many times.

This photo looks like my IH Cub Cadet 149 frame/chassis rails and the black handle on the bottom of the picture looks like the mower deck height adjuster. What model does this happen to be ?

Attachments

Dan_R_42

Equipment
Dec 1, 2010
Taunton, MA
I used 3/8 seamless, (.375x .049) http://shop.hoseandfittings.com/cat.../Inch/3_8_OD_Tubing/Seamless/0.375X.049W.html

I'm not sure if that is the same size as stock, I scratch built my loader for my B7100.
Wow, I am officially impressed now... Scratch built. GREAT...

Did you happen to post any info on your build here? Wait, I think I remember seeing something a while back on here. That was you... NICE !!!

I went back and found you Upgrades / Mods post... Looks GREAT !!!

Last edited:

lsmurphy

Equipment
B7001
Oct 19, 2012
Parrrottsville TN
lsmurphy, Looking at your photos again I noticed something similar to what I have seen before in my garage many times.

This photo looks like my IH Cub Cadet 149 frame/chassis rails and the black handle on the bottom of the picture looks like the mower deck height adjuster. What model does this happen to be ?

582 rear with 82 series misc parts, full hydraulics with power steering and front ports.

I also had a 982 and several others.