B7100 4wd hst blowby

Sdatrucking

Equipment
B7100.
Aug 26, 2022
Tagalong3746
just fired it up been sitting for a long period not sure how long lots of blow by and oil coming out of tube what is best way to unstick rings if that is problem. Also pto and 3 point operate but can’t get any movement with hydro tranny clutch works where to start thanks

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
The long period will create a problem with blow by - one of the best ways is to work the hell out of it to help it, BUT in your case that may be impossible.

Is the clutch stuck?

Sdatrucking

Equipment
B7100.
Aug 26, 2022
Tagalong3746
The long period will create a problem with blow by - one of the best ways is to work the hell out of it to help it, BUT in your case that may be impossible.

Is the clutch stuck?
Clutch works not stuck will work pto fine start and stop let it run maybe fifteen minutes or so maybe longer engine warmed up and running smoother less blowby just had fuel tank setting on tractor not mounted so couldn’t really do more fuel tank mounted now need to pull and clean hst filter and screen new fluid hopefully hst will work then I can live with a little blowby and oil usage for now till funds avail for rebuild or replacement engine fingers crossed

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
My B7100 would smoke badly too - it had about 2000 hours - the more I ran it and the harder I ran it - the smoke would lesson to a degree. Cutting grass going up a good grade will result in some "particulates" coming from the exhaust!

Sdatrucking

Equipment
B7100.
Aug 26, 2022
Tagalong3746
just fired it up been sitting for a long period not sure how long lots of blow by and oil coming out of tube what is best way to unstick rings if that is problem. Also pto and 3 point operate but can’t get any movement with hydro tranny clutch works where to start thanks
Found another problem complete universal joint missing off rear of front drive shaft luckily have a parts tractor with a good one front dif moves with shaft so not sure why it was removed other than tires weren’t matched ags on rear turfs on front

Sdatrucking

Equipment
B7100.
Aug 26, 2022
Tagalong3746
Found another problem complete universal joint missing off rear of front drive shaft luckily have a parts tractor with a good one front dif moves with shaft so not sure why it was removed other than tires weren’t matched ags on rear turfs on front
And the fun continues neutral return rod disconnected in tunnel beside and just behind tranny filter a little fineness and managed to get a cotter key in no washer but should hold for a while we’ll see