B7001 Project - Pricing advice

pmr49

Dec 13, 2012
Renton, WA
So there's a long story behind this B7001, but the short of it is that this tractor has been sitting outside for 5 years and it's going to have to go sooner rather than later. The bad part is that this is Seattle and there's lots of rain. The good part is that this is Seattle and it seldom goes below freezing. I was surprised there wasn't lots of rust, just the green slime things get here when left to the elements.

I didn't know what to expect when I looked at it, and I wasn't prepared or equipped to try to crank it over or test compression. There was no key available, the battery was out and on the ground. I couldn't spot the hour meter. The fuel tank was bone dry, so if it was run dry that's probably good, and I didn't notice fuel underneath, or any other fluids for that matter. The hydraulic lines <look> good. The loader less bucket and front tires have sunk into the ground. The bucket looks fine. I was told that there is an auger that goes with it, and the person who showed it to me also said that there was another expensive attachment that went with it. He remembered his son (owner, now moved away) paying $10K for whatever it was. I asked if it was a backhoe (not on site, but a couple blocks away on property we didn't have permission to enter this day). He said he thought it was a spreader of some type - there are some small horsey farms in the area. TBD

My next step will be to persuade one of my staff, who is a certified diesel mechanic and a very handy fellow, to sort through it on site as much as he can. If it seems the engine is good, I'm willing to take a chance hauling it out and cleaning it up. I would be concerned about the clutch rusting to the flywheel, all the filters and hoses, etc, etc. Any other "killer" issues I can check in the field?

On the presumption that the engine runs, what sort of offer would be reasonable in your opinion? I understand this is a grey tractor and is the rougher equivalent of a B7100. I'm guessing if it comes to that, the rice paddy tires might be an advantage on our low-lying property in Sonoma Co, CA, which stays pretty wet well into the spring some years. Or will they have to go?

Thanks for your help, I've read through a lot of the posts and this is obviously a very tight forum with a lot of tribal knowledge.

Attachments

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
The biggest thing you have to ask yourself is how much money and time are you willing to sink into this tractor, or would you be better off buying something turn key. There are two B7100's on Ebay right now that are turn key with a loader for under 5 grand.

lsmurphy

Equipment
B7001
Oct 19, 2012
Parrrottsville TN
$300 to $500 tops.

Worth $2000 to $2800 turn-key. Just my experiece shopping.....greys are worth 1/2 of the legit counterpart.

I see $2K in that real quick.

Yeah so it comes with attachments.......yeah yeah got that........but good for what if none running?

BTW I'm putting new wheels and tires on mine now...........$1200

Last edited:

rparkinson

Aug 23, 2012
Northport Maine
I was thinking 700 tops but I think that may be generous. Even If it has imp with it... its pretty rough, you cant hear it run and right now its just scrap or parts... I would give 500-600 bucks for it. But it is a chance.