B6200d Clutch Issue- not enough slippage....

capekubota

Jan 11, 2017
canada
I have an clutch issue with my 88 b6200d. Last year I installed a new clutch fork (it snapped) and adjusted clutch. That seemed to go fine. Clutch engages and disengages about halfway through the motion of the pedal. However, you need to extra extra cautious letting the clutch out...or it bangs and takes off. It's like there is zero slippage in clutch. I mean you literally need to concentrate on very slowly letting that pedal rise in order to get a smooth take off. It's that bad I am scared I am hurting the rear gears, it hits so hard sometimes, especially when backing up.

Has anyone had this issue before? Could it be from adjustment? Or is it simply a clutch that needs to be replaced?

(Most clutch related issues I see are too much slippage, but u dont have enough)

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I have an clutch issue with my 88 b6200d. Last year I installed a new clutch fork (it snapped) and adjusted clutch. That seemed to go fine. Clutch engages and disengages about halfway through the motion of the pedal. However, you need to extra extra cautious letting the clutch out...or it bangs and takes off. It's like there is zero slippage in clutch. I mean you literally need to concentrate on very slowly letting that pedal rise in order to get a smooth take off. It's that bad I am scared I am hurting the rear gears, it hits so hard sometimes, especially when backing up.

Has anyone had this issue before? Could it be from adjustment? Or is it simply a clutch that needs to be replaced?

(Most clutch related issues I see are too much slippage, but u dont have enough)
Normally there is no real adjustment to the clutches on these.
I would say you more than likely have a damaged clutch disk or pressure plate.

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
Thinking of the failed fork you reported, I wonder if the disk is sliding freely on the splines which lock the clutch disk to the transmission shaft

Dave

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Thanks Dave. Are you referring to the clutch throw out bearing? That is well greased and moving freely I believe.
No he means, he's wondering if the clutch disk hub is binding on the propeller shaft, Like there is a worn notch in the shaft, that will make it bind.

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
Ok I guess the only way yo check that is to split the tractor? Orbis there a way to see it from underneath?
Since the clutch is not working properly, even if you could see it,you would still have to disassemble to fix.

Breaking a release bearing fork is an unusual event so it happened for a reason which needs fixing.

Dave