B6200 HST - Mower Deck Gear Box

Jim F

Equipment
B6200
Mar 1, 2023
Pittsburgh, PA
Hi, Folks: I have an old RC48-62H mower deck associated with an old B6200 HST tractor - Great product - Never let me down for 36 years. I now have a gear box leak that needs to be addressed. I've removed the center blade and four mounting bolts on the belt side of the deck, and hoped that the unit would then lift out. I assume there must be a keyway or some other mounting feature that helps hold the gear box in place. Do I need to also take the underside plate, bearings, etc. off in order to release the gear box? Please tell me what I need to do to free the unit from the deck. Thanks, Jim

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
You need to remove all of this from under the deck, then the gear box should come out.

1708541052225.png

N3BP

Equipment
B7200DT, B7200HST-D, L2900GST, L3010 HST TLB
Sep 20, 2016
Lebanon, PA
There is a snap ring on the bottom side of the deck on the shaft that needs to be removed in order to free the shaft from the spindle housing. I have the same deck for my B7200. I will say I was chasing down a leak myself at the end of the mowing season and it turned out to be a worn out gearbox. Examine the inner diameter of the box wear the bearings seat to make sure it isn't rounded out. This will cause the shaft to wobble and the seal cannot seal properly.

Jim F

Equipment
B6200
Mar 1, 2023
Pittsburgh, PA
There is a snap ring on the bottom side of the deck on the shaft that needs to be removed in order to free the shaft from the spindle housing. I have the same deck for my B7200. I will say I was chasing down a leak myself at the end of the mowing season and it turned out to be a worn out gearbox. Examine the inner diameter of the box wear the bearings seat to make sure it isn't rounded out. This will cause the shaft to wobble and the seal cannot seal properly.
Thanks to you also, N38P, for taking the time to post and for sharing your expertise. I'll definitely check the gearbox condition. Jim

Butch

Equipment
Kubota 2410, RC60-24B, FL1000- kubota hydrolic front snow blade- plug aerator
Sep 10, 2009
Rising Sun, MD
Guys .... Just throwing this out there. There is an Amish man that deals in kubota parts from auctions. He is good! I bought a RCK24 - 29b mower shell from him. I was brand new for $750. I saw a butt load of Kubota MMM gear boxes at his place when I picked it up. Oh yes... the mower deck I picked up had brand new ground contact wheels and deck mounting hardware in place. Here is his direct cell number 1 570 573-1076. all I had to do was refurbish the mower drive apparatus, i.e. drive line to blades...

Reactions: 1 user