B6100E Trans/Hydo frost buildup

del zahn

Equipment
B6100E
Nov 27, 2010
Zap, ND, United States
I changed oil last fall(2009) and only used the tractor for snow blowing over the winter and some tilling this summer, but when I started to use it this winter the hydraulics stared getting slower and slower. I check the filter and it was all full of frost and ice and the oil was cream colored . So after I changed out all the oil and did my snow blowing I parked the tractor in an unheated shed. The next day I went to check on it and the whole outside of the trans/diff case was covered with frost. Any ideas how to prevent this because it must be frosty inside the case also causing moisture buildup?

SpudHauler

Equipment
RTV 1100 CW-A
Sep 8, 2010
Canada
Could it be your shed is too tight and needs an air vent in each end to help lower the humidity especially after snow removal.

dusty-t

Feb 17, 2009
Mountforest Ontario
I had the same problem with a B7200. There was water leaking in past the filler plug. I had to change it three times to get it clear. Check for anyplace that water could be getting in. Also there is a trani vent somewhere on the top of the rear dif. Make sure itis not plugged. Good luck and keep us posted.:D Dusty

kuboman

Dec 6, 2009
Canada
If your tractor has spent anytime stored outside it will have water in the tranny. I doubt it is just condensation that is giving you the water.

dusty-t

Feb 17, 2009
Mountforest Ontario
Mine never had frost buildup on the outside.????? Hydraulics getting really hot then cooling and building up condensation on the outside ????? Sorry Bud wish I could be of some help but I have no clue.:eek: Dusty

Lucky

Equipment
B7100dt and b6001
Feb 17, 2009
Northwoods, WI
My b7100dt often gets frost built up on the outside after plowing and then sitting overnight out in the cold. I haven't noticed any cloudiness in my trans. fluid, it only seems to be on the outside. It is kept in a small 10 x 12 shed, but the roof is vented. Sounds like a science question to me.