B6100 R2 Paddy/Cane Tires

Peacefield-Farms

Equipment
B6100E+Dozer Blade
Mar 22, 2010
Indiana
Hi all, Switching my B6100E from trufs to ags, have been having trouble finding R2 tires. Local tires places look at me like I am crazy when I ask about R2 tread. Was having trouble finding any in 7-16 on line. Any one have any idea where I can find any? Or any one want to sell some? I am in northern Indiana if any one has any they want to sell.

Thanks

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
The R2 rice paddy tire was placed on the grey market model tractors that we're more or less smuggled over here to the US from Japan. Those type of tires will only be found over in Japan where the rice fields are common. The standard here in the US is the Ag tire.

dusty-t

Feb 17, 2009
Mountforest Ontario
My B8200 came with rice tires on the back. The first thing I did too the tractor was replace rear rims and tires r4 tires and rims to fit. I am not sure if you can buy them new. But I am betting that there are lots of people who did the same thing I did. Check kijiji and craigslist. You never know.:D Dusty

Peacefield-Farms

Equipment
B6100E+Dozer Blade
Mar 22, 2010
Indiana
I was looking at r2 tread because our farm has some boggy spots I would like to be able to access with the tractor. I wish i would have gotten a D model rather than the E but 1500 bucks in an engine overhaul makes me want to keep it. I am tired of getting stuck an needing to pull it out. Right now the tractor has 29x12-15 fluid filled turf tires on it. I bought a set of narrow rims and was looking for the most aggressive tire I could find. The tractor gets used for just about every thing here from plowing to bushogging to mowing. Any Idea what freight might be? or do you think R1 tread would be good enough?

Thanks

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
If you could find a set of R1 long bar/short bar tread pattern tires for it they would be a good choice. I have a set of Titans on my M 9000 and they do great in the mud. I have never looked for a set to go on a small tractor though. If you have turf tires on it now any type of ag tires would make a huge difference for you in the mud. I'm not saying you won't get stuck but it will take alot more mud to do it with ag tires.

Look for a tread that turns back at a angle more than a flat strait looking pattern. The flatter the tread the more mud will hold in the tread and turn it into a big slick. The sharper the tread the better they will shed mud. Keep in mind that the sharper the tread is the worse they will do in reverse because they are pulling al the mud to the center of the tire. We used rice and cane tires on our combines and I have seen times that the steps had to be folded up so they wouldn't get torn off by the mud and they would just keep on digging their way thru it but they couldn't back up no matter how hard you tried. Those type tires are worthless if you ever need to back up in bad mud.

dem45133

Mar 21, 2010
Hillsboro, OH
"Are you sure you want to go down that road with those bumpy tires, new or used?"

What if you soften the ride by running lower tire pressure by a few pounds. Instead of running 12 psi on Dads 15.5-38s we ran 8 psi... for increased traction due to a slightly larger footprint. I also lowered the pressure on a itty bity lawn tractor we used to mow with to soften our bumpy yard... worked good.

If the side walls are healthy this might help. If your side walls are dry and weathered... might not be a good idea. You'll have to play with the pressure to find what works with your tire and load weight.

Dave

RDR

Equipment
M5400,B6100E,K008,L175,TG1860Diesel,JD355D,3)Leyland 154D's,YM2000,IH1466
Oct 13, 2009
Danevang, Tx.
I have seen them on ebay. Also look at a Farmer's Co-Op. Different brands of R-1 have deeper lugs than others. I have R-1's on my British Leyland that have tread almost as deep as R-2's. Down here the tires sold as rice tires don't have the extra deep tread like the Japanese tires.

My B6100E had turf tires on it. I happened to have a set of 7 x16 lug tires on rims that fit. They came off a 4x4 Kubota that had narrow steel wheels installed to do less damage in a rice field. I bought all four wheels and tires for $50. The 13.6x24's worked in place of the turf tires on my L345. I don't care how big it is, if it has turf tires on it, it is a lawn mower, not a tractor.

Last edited:

Rust Addict

Equipment
B6000E
Jan 2, 2010
Sidney, Maine, USA
On Ebay you'll see some Terramite tires now. Some with 6 bolt rims for a seemlying low price. Look a lot like what is on the B6000E on the home page of the site at this time. Not sure if the owner of that tractor ever posted what those are, and how much $ they were, or where to get them?