B6100 in snow

al m

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota b1750,60" mm,48" argo trend snowblower,5' grader blade
Jul 30, 2012
smiths falls on Canada
Finally put the new to me old girl to the test with the first snow of the year.
It starts near as well in the cold as in warmer weather,no issues with traction and runs the 54" Argotrend snowblower respectfully.had it creeping as slow as it would go through the bank that the Plow pushed up at the end of the drive,but never had to stop. After the first pass just bit off less

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
It starts near as well in the cold as in warmer weather,no issues with traction and runs the 54" Argotrend snowblower respectfully.had it creeping as slow as it would go through the bank that the Plow pushed up at the end of the drive,but never had to stop. After the first pass just bit off less
that series and it's bigger brother (B7100) are sure tough little tractors that dont know the word quit! That's a large snowblower for that ol girl too!:D:)

al m

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jul 30, 2012
smiths falls on Canada
that series and it's bigger brother (B7100) are sure tough little tractors that dont know the word quit! That's a large snowblower for that ol girl too!:D:)
Yes I'm beginning to see that,I rolled the dice because it was afordable , has over 4800 hrs, and had sat about a year when I got it.was hard to start and a lot of grey smoke till it warmed up Put some fresh fuel and a strong dose of star tron through it and she runs nice now,very little smoke on start up.She was snorting and putting out some black at times today
I have a add out locally,looking to trade the 54" for a 48"

Guitfiddle

Equipment
B6100DT
Nov 17, 2015
Dartmouth, NS, Canada
Well that sure is good to hear Al. Waiting to get some snow here to try out my new (to me) B6100D and brand new Meteor 48" blower.

al m

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jul 30, 2012
smiths falls on Canada
Well that sure is good to hear Al. Waiting to get some snow here to try out my new (to me) B6100D and brand new Meteor 48" blower.
I'm curious how a 48 would work.
If anything like last year,you will get plenty of use out of it!
Is yours hst?

Last edited:

al m

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jul 30, 2012
smiths falls on Canada
I traded the 54" Argo trend for a 48" argo trend,virtually the same blower,same condition,just 6" smaller.tried it out in a part of the yard that the snow was untouched,a much better match for the tractor. guy that traded has a 22hp Massey,he is happy also!

bmblank

Equipment
2020 L3901HST, LA525 Loader, 66" Q/A Bucket, PFL2042 Forks, Meteor SB68PT Blower
Mar 4, 2015
Cadillac, MI
I've got a 7100hst and 54" agro trend. I'd say for 95% of the time I can cut through with no problems at a pretty good speed. Those times the snow is to heavy or I'm taking a big bite I can just back down on the speed and it works great.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk