B6100 HsT

acoffma3

Equipment
B6100 Hst
Apr 8, 2020
North Benton Oh USA
B6100 HsT pedal forward and tractor goes backwards and vise versus

Drove b6100 into garage as normal decided to change hydraulic screen filter and fluid. Put super udt fluid and kubota screen and filter on. Touched nothing except the 2 drains and screen and filter once put it back together the pedal forward makes it go backwards and backwards make it go forwards. Called 6 dealers and they all have no clue. Anyone ever seen this?

Last edited:

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Re: B6100 HsT pedal forward and tractor goes backwards and vise versus

Drove b6100 into garage as normal decided to change hydraulic screen filter and fluid. Put super udt fluid and kubota screen and filter on. Touched nothing except the 2 drains and screen and filter once put it back together the pedal forward makes it go backwards and backwards make it go forwards. Called 6 dealers and they all have no clue. Anyone ever seen this?
Only seen this when the engine is run backwards.

I've never heard of that issue.
I'm wondering if you just got unlucky and the neutral adjuster was loose and flipped over some how???

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Ok thanks I’ll look that today. According to the dealerships motor isn’t running backwards.
Yea, I should have said, that the motor running backwards is VERY VERY VERY rare and normally something else causes it to happen.

Tnkubotaguy

Equipment
Kubota 1700
Jun 27, 2021
Nashville
B6100 HsT pedal forward and tractor goes backwards and vise versus

I got the same problem, used rhe same fluid you did and changed the filter, now rev is fwd and fwd is rev. What was the fix?

eserv

Equipment
BX24, A1000 Kubota Generator
May 27, 2009
Hardisty, Alberta
Looks to me like someone else removed the wrong plug and allowed the motor reaction plate to turn.

Tnkubotaguy

Equipment
Kubota 1700
Jun 27, 2021
Nashville
But i dont think my reaction plate moved, unless it's spring loaded to immediately invert once the bolt is removed.

So it looks like i either live with it or disassemble and invert the reaction plate?

eserv

Equipment
May 27, 2009
Hardisty, Alberta
But i dont think my reaction plate moved, unless it's spring loaded to immediately invert once the bolt is removed.

So it looks like i either live with it or disassemble and invert the reaction plate?
It is not directly spring loaded but the pistons are. Depending what residual oil pressure would be in there and what it would take to balance the springs on the pistons, that plate could rotate when the pin was removed. I honestly can't think of any other thing that would make your tractor operate like that!

Tnkubotaguy

Equipment
Kubota 1700
Jun 27, 2021
Nashville
It is not directly spring loaded but the pistons are. Depending what residual oil pressure would be in there and what it would take to balance the springs on the pistons, that plate could rotate when the pin was removed. I honestly can't think of any other thing that would make your tractor operate like that!
Well...i hope for my sake, somebody else can think of a reason as taking that pump apart to invert the reaction plate and risk breaking something else is not worth it.

eserv

Equipment
May 27, 2009
Hardisty, Alberta
Well...i hope for my sake, somebody else can think of a reason as taking that pump apart to invert the reaction plate and risk breaking something else is not worth it.
Just for interest sake how level was the tractor when you first removed that pin and was the main transmission in gear or not?

Tnkubotaguy

Equipment
Kubota 1700
Jun 27, 2021
Nashville
Just for interest sake how level was the tractor when you first removed that pin and was the main transmission in gear or not?
I would say pretty level and no idea if in gear or not as that was not a concern for me as all I wanted to do was change the filthy tranny fluid. I did that and now have a backwards tractor.

eserv

Equipment
May 27, 2009
Hardisty, Alberta
I would say pretty level and no idea if in gear or not as that was not a concern for me as all I wanted to do was change the filthy tranny fluid. I did that and now have a backwards tractor.
I was trying to determine if there was any torque on the motor section when the pin was removed

Tnkubotaguy

Equipment
Kubota 1700
Jun 27, 2021
Nashville
I was trying to determine if there was any torque on the motor section when the pin was removed
Well...if this is indeed what caused everything to reverse flow then there must have been. I'm still hoping somebody chimes in here with an easy fix or ingenious pedal modification that makes it go forward when I press the treadle plate down in the front.

Reactions: 1 user