B6100 help

robpill

Equipment
B6100
Oct 4, 2018
Avon
Hi
Bob here

Inherited 1970 B6100 Kubota diesel.. Fan belt shredded and needs replacing. This machine has a hydraulic PTO shaft in front. I assume it and the shaft must be removed before replacing the fan belt.

Is there an issue with pressure in the unit once removed. It has two hydraulic lines running to it...
Will the shaft just slip out after front bolts are removed?

Also rear brakes are frozen open.. Can they be loosened manually if rear wheels and shroud is removed? Any attempted this before?
I have reviewed owners manuals and parts diagrams but no advice on repairs to these items..
If you have any info .. It will be most appreciated. The tractor ran well before fan belt failure Would like to give new life back into this relic.
Thanks

Sdatrucking

Equipment
B7100.
Aug 26, 2022
Tagalong3746
Hi
Bob here

Inherited 1970 B6100 Kubota diesel.. Fan belt shredded and needs replacing. This machine has a hydraulic PTO shaft in front. I assume it and the shaft must be removed before replacing the fan belt.

Is there an issue with pressure in the unit once removed. It has two hydraulic lines running to it...
Will the shaft just slip out after front bolts are removed?

Also rear brakes are frozen open.. Can they be loosened manually if rear wheels and shroud is removed? Any attempted this before?
I have reviewed owners manuals and parts diagrams but no advice on repairs to these items..
If you have any info .. It will be most appreciated. The tractor ran well before fan belt failure Would like to give new life back into this relic.
Thanks
Should have a double gear chain connecting shaft to crank pulley pull master link remove chain. Mine has two gears set up that way remove both chains and shaft will slip out without removing pump

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
Thank you for posting that picture. I have to assume that there is room underneath the radiator to get the shaft o of the way to replace the belt?

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
You should be able to remove the 2 bolts on the Crank pulley and the 2 bolts on the pump and be able to move it forward enough to get the belt in.

Before you tear into the brakes, check and see if this lever (yellow) moves freely, if not try spraying it with penetrating lube and work the lever.
If you need to get into it, yes pull the wheel and the fender and then pull the cover to inspect.

1682188256254.png