B6000DT "Project"

poconoguy17

Equipment
Kubota B6000E & Kubota B6000DT w/Loader
Jul 13, 2020
Pocono Mountains
That appears to have the same loader as my "77" B7100.,
The difference being ..mine runs off a seperate crank mounted pump.
Yours looks like it had something mounted on front bumper area at one time.
I'd rather that mine ran off the tractors pump vs this bumper mounted thing.

Is there a reason some used a seperate pump?
perhaps some were factory installed loaders and others installed by dealers?

Where do the lines that power the loader attatch to Your Tractor?
I am guessing they had a front mounted snow blower that ran off the front PTO at some point?

Not sure but it looks like a clean professional install. The loader's right upright/ vertical pillar just after the hydro controls is the reservoir. So the pump runs off a v-belt to the crank& fan pulley -> hydro out to the control valve -> individual cylinders <- back to the control valve -> reservoir -> low pressure return line to the pump.

The loader doesn't share any hydro with the trans, separate pump on the right side of the engine just behind the exhaust manifold.

Reactions: 1 user

kkk

Banned

Equipment
rtv900 /u15 ex/WP 955/woodmizer LT15
Apr 10, 2020
OreGun, BLM
I am guessing they had a front mounted snow blower that ran off the front PTO at some point?

Not sure but it looks like a clean professional install. The loader's right upright/ vertical pillar just after the hydro controls is the reservoir. So the pump runs off a v-belt to the crank& fan pulley -> hydro out to the control valve -> individual cylinders <- back to the control valve -> reservoir -> low pressure return line to the pump.

The loader doesn't share any hydro with the trans, separate pump on the right side of the engine just behind the exhaust manifold.
OK...that makes perfect sense...My loader upright is the tank also.
Maybe yours had more room under the hood or they ditched the idler pulley and put the pump there.

Reactions: 1 user

poconoguy17

Equipment
Jul 13, 2020
Pocono Mountains
Ballast Box finally showed up. Need to find a better solution to fab a bracket for the pallet forks lower on the ballast box (center of gravity) .

IMG_1212.jpg

poconoguy17

Equipment
Jul 13, 2020
Pocono Mountains
Finally got the new radiator installed , much improved !

IMG_1328.jpg

IMG_1330.jpg

Old radiator held with JB Weld craptastic patch while I waited for the new one:

IMG_1334.jpg

poconoguy17

Equipment
Jul 13, 2020
Pocono Mountains
Now I have to chase down the loader fluid issue. Found water and what looked like motor oil in there at the bottom of the reservoir . Cavitation? Air entrapment?? Not sure where it came from since it was flushed a few times and garage kept. Cylinders are all smooth and no pitting at least.

Got hot and starts spraying out the breather on down pressure of the loader .

IMG_1333.jpg

poconoguy17

Equipment
Jul 13, 2020
Pocono Mountains
Replaced the low pressure return line from the bottom of the reservoir to the pump with a new length of 1/2" I.D. Fuel Rated hose and drained and filled with NAPA generic hydraulic fluid. The FEL now is operating smoothly , quietly and without any of the previous issues.

The NAPA fluid seems to be a lighter viscosity (rated 10W) so I am unsure if it is just a better match based on wear or condition of seals etc or the previous WalMart Universal Tractor Fluid is low quality, but it def is working far better. Even the "perceived" lift of a heavy load seems better.