B6000 won't start. Help identifying symbol on diagram please

Big Trees

Aug 28, 2015
Texas
I'm having troubles with my B6000 and I can't figure out what this symbol is on this wire diagram. Could somebody please be kind enough to help identify what this symbol is.

The symbol in question is circled in red on this diagram. All other wires are connected properly except this wire. There is a wire there but it's cut and I don't know where it should go.

I would appreciate any and all help.

Thanks in advance.

Dr Honda

Equipment
BX1870
Mar 30, 2015
Pitt, PA
If there isn't another label... it's a female end of a bullet connector.

***EDIT***

Looking at where the other wires go... I'm going to say it's just an open "Hot" wire on the switched power side of things. (to hook up extras)

Aluthin

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6000
Aug 7, 2015
United Kingdom
Have to agree with Dr Honda, I'd look at mine but I've rewired putting in extras exactly off of that point... If you are getting no turn over check the earth wire on the starter motor mine worked loose, other than that check the other wires for continuity using a multimeter...

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
I am with the others on your circled item being a spare switched power supply for something like a radio if you had one.
In case you did not notice the detail, I think when a circuit is identified such as AVO.B5BaW the BaW is telling you the color of the wire in this case Ba is black and the W means there is a white stripe.
This same wire appears to be the one to activate the starter coming from the starting switch. I dont see any of the pesky safety switches in this circuit.
What color is the wire you describe as cut and can you provide more details on the no start condition.
One siple test would be to apply 12 volts with a moderately heavy wire from the battery terminal on the starter to the smaller terminal with the AVO.B5BaW wire on it. Preferably have someone on the tractor making certain it does not run over you when it starts.
Dave M7040

Aluthin

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6000
Aug 7, 2015
United Kingdom
Ooh have to ask but my b6000 does have a switch on the clutch for safe starting... It doesn't work but... Make sure when you are starting the tractor that the clutch is fully depressed and the switch above the clutch is being activated... Mine was bypassed when I got the tractor and no matter how I adjusted it, couldn't get it to work properly so left it bypassed for now.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Big Trees,

Everyone is helping the wiring problem, describe the NO start problem further,

does it spin over?
does it not "fire" - smoke?
does it fire, but no continue to run.

Let us help you with the running problem - that wire does not control that!

Big Trees

Aug 28, 2015
Texas
Thank you all for the detailed responses. I apologize for the delayed response on my part. I have family in town from out of state and I have been busy.

We ended up getting the tractor running by replacing the positive cable from battery to starter. The cable appeared to be in good condition and I wouldn't have thought to replace it because it appeared to be in good condition but maybe there was a break somewhere under the insulation.

To answer the question, the wire that is cut is black in color. Very short wire. We kind of wondered if it was supposed to be cut like that and it appears that's how it's supposed to be.

Thank you all for the help, I sincerely appreciate it!

Going to drop the family off at the airport. I'll report back.