B6000 seat brace

GpaG

Equipment
Ford 9N, Kubota B6000 with FEL
Jan 25, 2010
Penyrn, CA, USA
Would anyone happen to have a picture of the seat attachment and "seat support" for a B6000. The basket case I'm continuing to work on is missing that support. It is No. 10 on page 59 of the Kubota Illustrated Parts Listing (IPL). It is no longer available but doesn't look not to difficult to make. However, I can't quite figure out from the IPL drawing where the ends near the fenders attach. This tractor had a backhoe on it in the past (long ago scrapped :() and so I've apparently got a mixture of parts. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

dusty-t

Feb 17, 2009
Mountforest Ontario
Hi GpaG, Welcome to the forum. You are right, it shouldn't be real hard to do. I have made a couple for a little larger models. Use existing bolts top front side or rear. Everything is pretty strong on top of the rear diff so it really doesn't matter were you bolt it. Just make sure to lengthen your bolts to make up for what ever thickness of metal you use to make the brackets. Good luck & keep us posted.:D Dusty

Rust Addict

Equipment
B6000E
Jan 2, 2010
Sidney, Maine, USA
Here's a couple shots of the seat on my B6000E, maybe it will help. I'm going to say that for some reason the manual looks nothing like the parts used on the on my B6000E. The story with this tractor is that the man who bought it new in 1974 handed it down to his son, who in turn sold to the prior owner 10 years ago. I have only one recipt to document the prior sale to the guy I bought it from. End of the story is I have no idea if this is an original seat. The dry rot on the stearing wheel and rust hood make me believe this is a recovered original or a replacement from an other machine. I hope all this helps.

Good luck with your project.

Attachments

Last edited:

GpaG

Equipment
Jan 25, 2010
Penyrn, CA, USA
Thanks Dusty and Rust Addict for the help on my seat brace questions. I'm beginning to think Kubota doesn't have a very good grip on configuration management! The page out of the parts break down that Rust Addict shows looks very much like my tractor, with the item 10 rubber block. My dealer said my tractor must have had a "backhoe kit" on it at one time, which was what the #10 rubber block went with. However, the Kubota B6000 Illustrated Parts List I bought from my dealer, and the digital parts breakdown he uses, show a seat brace like your picture shows! By the way, the seat in the picture looks just like the one for a B6100 my dealer showed me. The seat for mine only has single "rails" (on the outside) that are pinned to the rubber bushings, where the B6100 seat he showed me had inside and outside "rails". My dealer said the seat brace is supposed to extend to the fenders (to keep them from "flapping"). My plan is to make a seat brace like that shown in your picture. I've already purchased the "rubber bumpers" and although my fenders currently have no holes to bolt the brace to, I'll just drill some. It seems like it will make a much sturdier set up.

Thanks again for the help.

GpaG

Equipment
Jan 25, 2010
Penyrn, CA, USA
I am way overdue posting to all you helpful folks on what I did for a seat brace. Progress here is slow, but at least I should be grateful there is some progress. I decided against bracing out to the fenders; I can always add that later if needed. At least now I can sit on the tractor, even if there is still a lot of work to be done! Thanks

Attachments

Rust Addict

Equipment
B6000E
Jan 2, 2010
Sidney, Maine, USA
That's first class work.

Just need to extend it out a bit for a roll bar to mount up to it, then add some work lights, grab handles, and a chain box.

There's always more to do. :D

B7100

Equipment
B7100,B7100 with Backhoe and FEL, Goldoni Quad 20
Feb 11, 2010
Wales
I am way overdue posting to all you helpful folks on what I did for a seat brace. Progress here is slow, but at least I should be grateful there is some progress. I decided against bracing out to the fenders; I can always add that later if needed. At least now I can sit on the tractor, even if there is still a lot of work to be done! Thanks
Thats a real nice job,the photo posted of the original looks the same as the one on my B7100 and I kind of thought the extensions to the mud guards were duel purpose,to act as support to stop the tops of them flapping like elephant ears as well as a bit extra for the seat:)

dave

Big Trees

Aug 28, 2015
Texas
I know this is a long shot but I need one of these seat braces and if you check this thread I would like to buy one from you if you could make one. I don't need it painted. As long as it holds the seat up is all that matters to me. Doubt you'll see this but it was worth the few sentences lol.