B6000 midmount pto?

Tom Ross

Feb 23, 2020
Casco Wi. USA
just purchased a b6000, do not have it home yet,fond an opening under the tranny with 4 bolt holes, is this for a midmount pto???, if so which pto. do I need???
Thanks

BigG

Equipment
l2501, FEL, BB, Rotary cutter, rake,spreader, roller, etc. New Holland TL80 A
Sep 14, 2018
West Central,FL
If I remember correctly the B6000 pto runs in reverse. I do not know if that holds true for the mid pto. That said, do you have the implements to use on the B6000. Finding usable implements and their mountings can be very difficult for the older tractors. They did make a pto reverser so that you could use standard rotation implements on the back but the reverser is very hard to find anymore.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
There is no mid PTO option that was ever available for the B6000.

The cover is probably just an access hole.

AR79

Equipment
B6000
Feb 5, 2021
Ireland
Hi Tom,

I'm a couple of years late to this conversation!!
I raised a question about this before about a year ago but couldn't find the answer unfortunately. I decided to start looking again and have just stumbled across your similar question.
Is my picture below what you are talking about? It appears that all necessary requirements are there to mount the likes of a bevel box (or similar!) to the mid chassis area of the tractor and in turn have a mid mounted PTO option for various implements that can be fabricated for it.

I'd love to hear if you managed to get a result from your searching.

Regards,

Adam.

1645619753074.png

natwinter

Apr 18, 2022
Langley
Hi Tom,

I'm a couple of years late to this conversation!!
I raised a question about this before about a year ago but couldn't find the answer unfortunately. I decided to start looking again and have just stumbled across your similar question.
Is my picture below what you are talking about? It appears that all necessary requirements are there to mount the likes of a bevel box (or similar!) to the mid chassis area of the tractor and in turn have a mid mounted PTO option for various implements that can be fabricated for it.

I'd love to hear if you managed to get a result from your searching.

Regards,

Adam.

View attachment 75549
Hi Adam, I have the same thing wondering if you have found anything out. Thanks

Vigo

Equipment
B6100, B8200
Jan 9, 2022
San Antonio Texas
Difficult for me to tell from the tiny pic, but if you guys have 2wd tractors you are probably looking at the thing the front driveshaft would be hooked to IF you had 4wd. If that's the case i would call it the front output shaft.

I don't think any of these old Bs had a mid PTO except the hydrostatic models, and even then im not sure all the HST models had one.

natwinter

Apr 18, 2022
Langley
Mine is a 4wd. The shaft does engage and spin with the rear pto lever. Mine seems to be an 18 spline. Just not sure how you would ever use it. Looking at the mid pto’s they are driven by a gear so would have to find a gear to go on the shaft. I’m thinking it’s a lost cause tho.

Reactions: 1 users

Vigo

Equipment
B6100, B8200
Jan 9, 2022
San Antonio Texas
That's very interesting!! I have 4 of these things sitting here (2x6100, 2x7100) and im gonna climb under at least some of them and look.. I've only glanced at that area in passing so far. None of these have needed to be taken apart there.. yet.😂:unsure:

AR79

Equipment
B6000
Feb 5, 2021
Ireland
Difficult for me to tell from the tiny pic, but if you guys have 2wd tractors you are probably looking at the thing the front driveshaft would be hooked to IF you had 4wd. If that's the case i would call it the front output shaft.

I don't think any of these old Bs had a mid PTO except the hydrostatic models, and even then im not sure all the HST models had one.
Hi Vigo, mine's a 4wd. It is definitely a forward facing mid PTO. It engages/disengages with the PTO lever selection. I'd love to find if there were any attachments available for it. I have done a thorough check, but it appears to have an identical spline to the front prop shaft where the harley spicer joint slides on.

AR79

Equipment
B6000
Feb 5, 2021
Ireland
Mine is a 4wd. The shaft does engage and spin with the rear pto lever. Mine seems to be an 18 spline. Just not sure how you would ever use it. Looking at the mid pto’s they are driven by a gear so would have to find a gear to go on the shaft. I’m thinking it’s a lost cause tho.
Hi natwinter, I replied in another comment in relation to the spline size etc. I have a feeling that it is identical to the spline joint on the front prop shaft for the front axle, I'll need to remove the prop shaft again to confirm though, I'll let you know when I do, not sure when I'll get around to it!

Vigo

Equipment
B6100, B8200
Jan 9, 2022
San Antonio Texas
well this is successfully reminded me to look under my tractors.. 😂

I honestly don’t have use for mid PTO for any normal reasons but I know on my B 8200 the mid PTO spins much faster than the rare PTO so I have considered either driving a hydraulic pump off of it. I have a couple of PTO driven pumps for backhoes which are not fast enough for my liking and would be sped up on the middle PTO..