B6000 injector problem

Beginnerb6000

Equipment
B6000 and a RTV
Jul 28, 2020
Portland OR
Hey all,

i’m new to this form and to Kubota‘s I just got my first tractor and it’s a b6000 with the loader bucket. Would love just some input or advice

So I’m having a heck of a time getting my injector to seat right. I pulled it out originally because you could see a little bit of diesel passing by. Nothing major, just wanted to address the issue and fix it. But now it has really been fight me with going back in and not leaking. It is leaking way more than it did before with a lot of compression passing by with fuel. I’ve replaced the brass washer under the injector about 4 times just hoping they sold me one that was just hard bent. I’ve replaced the injector studs thinking they could be bent a little bit not making it seal right. I cleaned in side the bore hold where the injector sits and I cleaned the injector very well. when I put the injector back in to be reinstalled there is a little bit of slack(room) side to side in the dire hole where the injector sits. I’m out of ideas and no clue where to come from here.

I’ve looked for a new injector to purchase but I cannot find one anywhere.

Only thing I could think of is I possibly damage the injector when pulling it out. ( I used lots of wd40 a rubber mallet and a slide hammer) thinking the slide hammer is what damaged it but I do not see anything on the injector

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
No other comment other than WD40 is basically useless as a penetrant. PBlaster or acetone and ATF mixed is light years better. WD is a moisture displacer, not a penetrant.

Reactions: 1 users

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 Utility Special 4WD e/w FEL & 1530 John Deere "Traveling Man"
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
Sorry I am of no help with your injector woes but....

I agree with Flip. WaterDisplacement40th formula is a marketing success story for a marginal product. As he also mentioned, a 50-50 mix of Acetone and ATF is one of the best penetrants. As soon as whatever is stuck moves, switch to 100% ATF.

Reactions: 1 user

poconoguy17

Equipment
Kubota B6000E & Kubota B6000DT w/Loader
Jul 13, 2020
Pocono Mountains
I’ve looked for a new injector to purchase but I cannot find one anywhere.=

I spent a good 2 hours looking for an injector after you mentioned it... not looking good (especially since I own two of these machines also!) lol.

Best bet is to look for a beat to hell donor machine or sourcing parts for a Kubota ZL600 Engine (which this uses).

I know there was a popular marine version of this zl600 engine that goes by Hydromarine dm12 which you may have better success sourcing core parts for. Basically same engine but utilizes sea/marine water for cooling.

The European market def has many more parts then the US , Ireland, England etc and also Japan .

That aside a donor machine or a really good machine shop that may be able to fabricate it for you :(

Beginnerb6000

Equipment
B6000 and a RTV
Jul 28, 2020
Portland OR
Sorry I am of no help with your injector woes but....

I agree with Flip. WaterDisplacement40th formula is a marketing success story for a marginal product. As he also mentioned, a 50-50 mix of Acetone and ATF is one of the best penetrants. As soon as whatever is stuck moves, switch to 100% ATF.
Thank you flip and magic, I’ll definitely try this method on the next one I pull out. I found a spare motor but I feel like his asking a little to much for it. He wants 1500. And doesn’t know the condition nor hrs I’m kinda just stuck and would really love to get my tractor back up and going. If you guys have any more input would love to here it

Beginnerb6000

Equipment
B6000 and a RTV
Jul 28, 2020
Portland OR
I spent a good 2 hours looking for an injector after you mentioned it... not looking good (especially since I own two of these machines also!) lol.

Best bet is to look for a beat to hell donor machine or sourcing parts for a Kubota ZL600 Engine (which this uses).

I know there was a popular marine version of this zl600 engine that goes by Hydromarine dm12 which you may have better success sourcing core parts for. Basically same engine but utilizes sea/marine water for cooling.

The European market def has many more parts then the US , Ireland, England etc and also Japan .

That aside a donor machine or a really good machine shop that may be able to fabricate it for you :(

thanks for your advice Pocono, would you have any more input to where to look for parts for a Zl600 I’ve looked everywhere and really can’t find much. Like I said to magic I’ve found a motor but the guy selling it doesn’t know the condition of the motor and hrs and he still wants$1500. Do you know where I could look for marine engines? Or by chance know if a another injector from a different series motor would work? Just kind of stuck and would really love to get her back up and going again

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Post a picture or two of the injector.

poconoguy17

Equipment
Kubota B6000E & Kubota B6000DT w/Loader
Jul 13, 2020
Pocono Mountains
thanks for your advice Pocono, would you have any more input to where to look for parts for a Zl600 I’ve looked everywhere and really can’t find much. Like I said to magic I’ve found a motor but the guy selling it doesn’t know the condition of the motor and hrs and he still wants$1500. Do you know where I could look for marine engines? Or by chance know if a another injector from a different series motor would work? Just kind of stuck and would really love to get her back up and going again

This site may be able to harvest the injector you need https://www.tractorpartsasap.com/search/?q=b6000 they have donor machines, blocks etc.

Beginnerb6000

Equipment
B6000 and a RTV
Jul 28, 2020
Portland OR
Hey guys just a updated sorry I’ve have not been able to get a picture of the injector. My work sent me out of town last min last week. I’ll get them when I return home.

again I appreciate all the help and insight from you guys