B6000 Front End Questions

Crankypants60

Equipment
B6000 4x4
Sep 21, 2017
Mission, B.C. Canada
Hi Everyone :)

Bearing in mind I'm a rank amateur mechanically speaking, I recently decided to tackle some basic lubricating of the wee orange beastie. I now have more questions than answers..sigh. First thing is that I can't tell how much grease (if any) is getting into the zerks on the front end steering assembly. I cleaned and tested that there was give in the zerk pin but after only a quarter pump of the lever on the grease gun there is grease welling at the connection. This doesn't seem right to me but honestly I've never done this before so I don't know. :confused:

Secondly, while messing around the front end I noticed that what may be a dust seal or something hanging down from around the large round hub where the axle meets the wheel assembly (I've tried to find the correct terminology from the exploded parts diagrams but I can't seem to find the right terms). I've attached a pic that should help. Pieces of this just pulled off leaving a gap in places now.....

Any thoughts and or help with where to go from here would be greatly appreciated. I'm sure I will have a million more questions so thanks in advance!

http://www.orangetractortalks.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=570&pictureid=3810

Last edited:

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
Don’t know what is up but no picture shows up

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Crankypants60

Equipment
B6000 4x4
Sep 21, 2017
Mission, B.C. Canada
Thanks! That makes sense. I don't have the skills necessary to disassemble and re-do the seals so I suppose I'll need to have this done locally and have all the grease points put back in order while I'm at it.

I'm not terribly surprised given the condition of the B6000 when I got it.