B5100E won't start

SnK

Equipment
Kubota b5100e
Apr 3, 2023
Oregon
My B5100E won't start. It does crank, but drains the battery quickly. It is a new battery. Jumping it with my suburban doesn't help. Glow plugs are hot. I did put a new starter on last summer, as well as a new dynamo. I did notice it starting a bit harder than I remember, but it would start. Belt is new and not slipping.

I have already tried draining diesel to put in fresh. Made sure to bleed it by opening up the tubes connected to the top of the injectors. Once air was out both were spurting a good amount of diesel. Thoughts?

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Has it been getting harder and harder to start before this?

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Do you have a hair dryer or a heat gun?

One trick if they are being stubborn to start because of low compression issues is to heat the intake air and see if it will fire.

Reactions: 1 user

SnK

Equipment
Kubota b5100e
Apr 3, 2023
Oregon
Do you have a hair dryer or a heat gun?

One trick if they are being stubborn to start because of low compression issues is to heat the intake air and see if it will fire.
From what I've said, do you think it is a low compression issue? When I turn the fan by hand, when I get back to the top it takes a good tug to continue moving everything connected to the belt

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
It's possible, but it's all a guessing game without a proper test. ;)

philkent

Jan 21, 2012
australia
My B5100E won't start. It does crank, but drains the battery quickly. It is a new battery. Jumping it with my suburban doesn't help. Glow plugs are hot. I did put a new starter on last summer, as well as a new dynamo. I did notice it starting a bit harder than I remember, but it would start. Belt is new and not slipping.

I have already tried draining diesel to put in fresh. Made sure to bleed it by opening up the tubes connected to the top of the injectors. Once air was out both were spurting a good amount of diesel. Thoughts?
This sounds like a problem i had , Hooked it up to my tractor plenty of revs and away it went