B5100 Rear Wheel alternative??

johngwalsh

Equipment
B5100e
Apr 7, 2012
Munster,Ireland
I have a b5100 in horrific condition,the wheels a red rotten.Just wondering has anyone found an alternative to buying new kubota wheels,ie are some japanese car wheels a similar size to take kubota hubs .I noticed the nissan navarra is 15" and 6 stud.I have no problem with performing mods or machining to make it work.Any thoughts or ideas very welcome.I cant justify spending big money on this poor old tractor but I am willing to invest a lot of time in coming with a novel way in getting her rolling again.no idea too crazy..:)tnx

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
John Deere 790 John Deere 310 backhoe Bobcat 743
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
If you have metal-fabricating skills, it is possible to make adapters. Something that will use the bolt pattern of the Kubota hub on one side, and the bolt pattern of a chosen rim on the other.

johngwalsh

Equipment
B5100e
Apr 7, 2012
Munster,Ireland
Thanks for the reply hodge,I think I might go that way,the other 2 options I was thinking of are 1.if I could find a wheel thats center hole was bigger than my kubota's hub.I could weld in a solid disc into it and drill holes to pick up my kubota's hub.It probably look alot better than an adapter plate.Or 2 is if a commercial car/van or pick up has a similar pcd and hole centres...I know as if it would be that easy.

tractorslave

Equipment
B 6200 hst 4wd
Apr 16, 2012
Western MASS
I know a guy who is a parts tech. at an established kubota dealer.
photo 3.jpg
My wheel was rotted terminally and he found me an aftermarket wheel made in USA for like 90.00
I had to paint it orange and the offset (dish) was a little different, but it works great.

Please send me a PM if you want his contact info.
Dave

Kytim

Equipment
B6000DT, B7100DT,Snowplow, RM360, Scoop, Cultivator, Carryall,Disk, plow
Aug 14, 2009
Western Ky
Looks good, best of all it solid!

284 International

Equipment
B6000 with FEL, assorted Yanmar machines
Mar 25, 2011
California, USA
Measure the center of two bolts at opposite sides of the bolt circle and see what you get. On this side of the Atlantic, Chevrolet, GMC, Toyota, and at least some Nissan SUV and pickup trucks use a 6 on 5.5 inch or 6 on 139.7mm pattern. That is the same as, or very close to, at least some Japanese tractors. Some Dodge 4x4 SUVs and pickups use a 6 on 4.5" or 6 on 114.3mm, which also matches some of the smaller Japanese machines. I think some of the Mitsubishi vehicles will share that smaller 6 lug wheel.

I haven't actually swapped wheels, but have measured on my machines, and they are close enough that with a bit of filing or reaming (if any) they would fit. However, none of them are B5100s. You'll have to measure to check, but it seems probable something is available that will match "close enough."

johngwalsh

Equipment
B5100e
Apr 7, 2012
Munster,Ireland
I measured those hubs today, the pcd is 120mm and 60mm between the centers of the 6 holes.Ill check the net to see if there is something out there I can use.

johngwalsh

Equipment
B5100e
Apr 7, 2012
Munster,Ireland
Mean Jean's idea is really neat.So I went with it.I drilled a plate and welded it onto a 15" rim.Rolled on my lawn tyres ,just need some orange pain now.total cost 15 euro well chuffed. tnx mean jean

My other option was to use a set of Nissan Navarra's alloy wheel,the pcd is almost the same...I got my hands on one, waiting on a second at a reasonable price.

Attachments

Last edited: