B5000 alternator pics???

vk2cjc

Equipment
B5000
Apr 30, 2010
Australia
Can anyone tell me what a B5000 alternator looks like? Or has photos?

Mine is fitted with a car alternator, but I'd like to get it back to standard.

Thanks
Jack

Attachments

traildust

Equipment
B7610HST 4WD, LA352 FEL, Gearmore 2 Spool Top & Tilt Box Scraper
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
Do you have a particular reason to return to the orignal?
Not sure what your situation is but a lot of people convert to a larger alternator so they can actually run more than just the stock headlights. With your current configuration you could run a butt load of extra lighting and a winch without any problems.

vk2cjc

Equipment
B5000
Apr 30, 2010
Australia
Main reason is for looks. But the new alternator occupies the space the silencer should, so I dont have a silerncer any more.
And the car alternator needs to run a little faster than my 5000 runs it, so it doesnt charge unless I'm almost on full throttle.
If I could get the correct one backon, I'd like to, but not going to spend a fortune on it :)

Jack

traildust

Equipment
B7610HST 4WD, LA352 FEL, Gearmore 2 Spool Top & Tilt Box Scraper
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
I knew you must have had some good reasons, and they are. If you are unable to get another original then would it be possible to replace the pulley to make the alternator spin faster without haveing to firewall the enging?

vk2cjc

Equipment
B5000
Apr 30, 2010
Australia
Thanks for the input guys. That picture is the only one I've ever seen which even gets close to showing the dynamo. I didnt even know it was a dynamo til now :)

Now, if only I could find a wrecked B5/6/7/51/61/7100 I could get the dynamo, exhaust and heat sheild...

Jack

vk2cjc

Equipment
B5000
Apr 30, 2010
Australia
It charges fine so long as the revs are high, but not at all at low revs.

Re: direction. I guess the questions are, do all engines rotate the same way? And ifs its rotating backwards, does it matter?