B3350 DPF Bypass

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
I think (hope) that removing the DPF filter will make it easier to start as there won't be as much back pressure when trying to start. If you consider that after a few hours, the DPF is starting to get pretty plugged up. It doesn't seem to matter if I hold the glow plugs on for 5 seconds or 50 seconds, the tractor always stalls on the first three attempts. It sounds like a 1920 tractor trying to start. Sure a lot of this is wishful thinking.
Mine starts much the same.

The 3350 is not known as a quick starter in cold weather.

SDT

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
Mine starts much the same.

The 3350 is not known as a quick starter in cold weather.

SDT
It helps to keep the key switch in glow position upon initial starting in cold weather until all cylinders come in.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
removing the DPF stuff will NOT solve the problem , which is low operating temperature of the engine. You need the 'cold weather kit' or equal to BLOCK the cold air from super cooling he engine to below 'optimal' operating temperature.
Old tractors had shutters, new ones have cardboard in front of the rads. You could remove the fan blade.
Redirecting the air intake to gulp warm air around exhuast will help
The quest is to reduce cold air flow...LOTS of easy ways to do that

Daferris

Equipment
LX2610
Nov 23, 2021
Mid-Michigan
This is a stupid question... But I was looking at the parts diagram for the motor on the B3350 and I see it has a mechanical injection pump with an electronic actuator for the fuel rack...

Is it possible to replace the electronic actuator with a mechanical governor setup from an older V1505?
NO clue and I don't own one but that looks like what the ECU controls. you might need also to replace the shut down solenoid or modify the wiring harness to control it from the key switch.
For the safety OPC control you would want to have switches on the PTO and seat wired to cut power to the shutdown solenoid ( assume it's set so the default no power position is to cut the fuel at the pump) That way you have ability to retain the engine shut off if you leave the seat for example and the PTO is engaged.
Thinking about it you should have something on the HST pedal as well so if the tractor is moving and your not in the seat it shuts off.

Also in another direction... would it help keep heat in the reformer and DPF by wrapping it with something like this... https://www.summitracing.com/search/part-type/exhaust-wrap
Not sure if that would cause problems with the system getting too hot.

Again just some
Just some rambling thoughts...
Also the KEY reason I have an LX2610 :)

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

Bushrat

Equipment
B3350, TG1800
Sep 1, 2021
Oregon
I was wondering if some countries can still sell a B3350 that does not have a dpf system. Could you then order an ECM from a dealer in that country?
There are some places that will provide kits if you search for ways of eliminating the DPF. After my experience two years ago with the dealer, the regional Kubota rep, and Kubota US in Tx, and a $950 bill for a "forced regeneration" I have had one successful regeneration about a year ago. After considering a delete, I decided to try to make the system work as intended. The regeneration light came on while I was mowing the other day. I continued to mow (as directed in the manual) and made sure I was up around 2000 rpm. Intermittently it would billow smoke and clear up. I mean really billow smoke! I was getting a headache. Never could get it out of the dealer if that was a normal regeneration thing. I drove it down to the house and grabbed my manual. Ran back out to the tractor idling at 2000 rpm and it had gone straight to level 4!!!! I turned it off and when I restarted it I was able to start a "parked regeneration". It did not resolve. As advised by the dealer, I went out and mowed but this time I wore a respirator. It billowed smoke for 15 minutes, then suddenly cleared up and the red light came back on with the beep. I have repeated this a couple times (mowing with yellow light, with smoke, Parked regen, and then finally red light just as the smoke clears up. They want me to bring it in (2 1/2 hour round trip for me). After not being supported by the dealer, the Kubota rep, nor Kubota US last time (2 years ago) I am very reluctant to go that route. I just need to talk to someone that had the experience of the sensor replacement and a straight pipe where the DPF canister exists. I have done my due diligence to comply with the Feds, Kubota has not! Mike

Last edited by a moderator:

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
You won't find anyone here, at least as a post, that will offer advice on bypassing the emissions equipment. THAT is a clear federal violation that carries stiff fines, possibly jail time.
While what you say may be possible,there's a LOT of 'kit' to consider as well as a 'computer' to keep happy

Bushrat

Equipment
B3350, TG1800
Sep 1, 2021
Oregon
You won't find anyone here, at least as a post, that will offer advice on bypassing the emissions equipment. THAT is a clear federal violation that carries stiff fines, possibly jail time.
While what you say may be possible,there's a LOT of 'kit' to consider as well as a 'computer' to keep happy
Dear Greensville Jay,
I am aware it is a federal violation. The EPA mandated that a warranty is extended on the emissions system to the consumer. When a big corporation shirks their responsibility to hold up their end of the deal, should that not be a federal violation as well? It is easy to just blow off the end user.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
Apr 2, 2019
If you feel local dealer isn't doing work 'as per mandate', contact Federal authorities that made the law ??
Just be sure you have ALL your 'paperwork' in order of course,especially where Kubota dealer specifically says it will NOT deal with you.

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
If you feel local dealer isn't doing work 'as per mandate', contact Federal authorities that made the law ??
Just be sure you have ALL your 'paperwork' in order of course,especially where Kubota dealer specifically says it will NOT deal with you.
"contact Federal authorities that made the law'

You certainly must be kidding!
You live in Canada, for stirring the pot, your bank account might even be frozen by Pierre Elliot & Margaret's son.
The RCMP tractor police division would likely be all over you.
Ask the truckers how that sort of stuff can go.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
Dear Greensville Jay,
I am aware it is a federal violation. The EPA mandated that a warranty is extended on the emissions system to the consumer. When a big corporation shirks their responsibility to hold up their end of the deal, should that not be a federal violation as well? It is easy to just blow off the end user.
EPA mandates 5/50 emissions warranty but nothing more.

The Kubota so-called "lifetime emissions" warranty for the B3350 has nothing to do with the EPA.

Bushrat

Equipment
B3350, TG1800
Sep 1, 2021
Oregon
EPA mandates 5/50 emissions warranty but nothing more.

The Kubota so-called "lifetime emissions" warranty for the B3350 has nothing to do with the EPA.
Huh, I'm pretty sure back in earlier pages of this thread it is stated somewhere, but since I got your attention SDT, perhaps you know why the "extended warranty" exists and if it came about other than by Kubota's good intentions or some other factor? I am feeling desperate! Thanks in advance!

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
Huh, I'm pretty sure back in earlier pages of this thread it is stated somewhere, but since I got your attention SDT, perhaps you know why the "extended warranty" exists and if it came about other than by Kubota's good intentions or some other factor? I am feeling desperate! Thanks in advance!
It was entirely upon Kubota's own volition due to the bad experiences that many owners have had. Nothing to do with government or law suits.

Policy was not publicized but dealers were notified and I was able to obtain a copy, though not from my dealer who refused to provide me with a copy.

Bushrat

Equipment
B3350, TG1800
Sep 1, 2021
Oregon
Okay, thanks for that information. I will try to work with this dealer one more time.
😩 I will let the forum know how things turn out this time.

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
Okay, thanks for that information. I will try to work with this dealer one more time.
😩 I will let the forum know how things turn out this time.
Good luck. I know it is frustrating when you have spent the money and then don't feel like you are getting the service that you need.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Good luck. I know it is frustrating when you have spent the money and then don't feel like you are getting the service that you need.
The sad reality is lemon laws exist for a reason and most people are unhappy with the protections they provide.

Do a quick search for "Ford Focus transmission overheating". My son has one in the shop right now with a tepair price tag of $9K. Fortunately its fully covered by a year old Carvana warranty and according to the shop will "be good as new" When he gets it back. Not very reassuring given it's basic design flaws. My advice to him was to trade it ASAP. That's the only way to rid yourself of your unfortunate mistake.

Dan

Bushrat

Equipment
B3350, TG1800
Sep 1, 2021
Oregon
I have an appointment with the Kubota dealer that allegedly has the emissions expert. They have informed me that there is no compensation for my 100 mile+ one-way trip to this particular branch. I knew that of course. So I will roll in to the dealer with my B3350 at 8 AM Tuesday September 12th and they have assured me that they will do all the needed work on Tuesday and I will be able to take my tractor home. I am a little leery about being presented with a bill, and/or having to leave my tractor there. I don't think it would be unreasonable to at least get some assurance that they will delivery it back to my farm if they have to keep it longer. I can't imagine this is not going to be covered under the extended warranty, but I am still a little worried, based on previous experience.

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
I have an appointment with the Kubota dealer that allegedly has the emissions expert. They have informed me that there is no compensation for my 100 mile+ one-way trip to this particular branch. I knew that of course. So I will roll in to the dealer with my B3350 at 8 AM Tuesday September 12th and they have assured me that they will do all the needed work on Tuesday and I will be able to take my tractor home. I am a little leery about being presented with a bill, and/or having to leave my tractor there. I don't think it would be unreasonable to at least get some assurance that they will delivery it back to my farm if they have to keep it longer. I can't imagine this is not going to be covered under the extended warranty, but I am still a little worried, based on previous experience.
Kubota's warranty does not compensate for travel or hauling expenses.