B3350 DPF Bypass

Myb3350

Equipment
B3350 JD430 Moline BG and BF
Jul 4, 2016
meridian ms
I got my B3350 back from the dealer todayf (after two months). They reduced my bill from $906 to a figure I can live with. I had to weigh time-loss and possible legal expenses against submitting to those dollars lost in a settlement I managed to make with the dealer owner. I sent a letter to Kubota too and they sided with their regional service person that declared it not warrantable. I never was able to see any evidence that I deliberately postponed regeneration four times. I believe that they did not have that evidence. I was never able to speak directly with the regional Kubota rep nor did I get the letter from him I requested through the branch manager. I will try to work with the emissions system intact as long as possible, but I will not rule out bypassing the system at some future point. I now "know someone" that can make that happen without sending my money to Poland or Turkey for a kit. This forum has been very helpful to me and I appreciate everyone that spent time to give constructive advice.
I have a B3350 also, I have had no problem with regen. But I would lIke to install a delet kit on my b3350, if you can give me more info it would be greatly appreciated email me at (deleted by mod) thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
I have a B3350 also, I have had no problem with regen. But I would lIke to install a delet kit on my b3350, if you can give me more info it would be greatly appreciated email me at (deleted by mod) thanks
Be advised that Kubota has extended the warranty of the reformer and anything damaged by a failed reformer for the lifetime of the tractor regardless of ownership.

Tampering with the emissions system will void this warranty.

SDT

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 1 user

mzimbaro

Equipment
Kubota B3350 with La534 Loader, B2782 Blower and RC72 mower.
Aug 2, 2021
Ontario Canada
I got my B3350 back from the dealer todayf (after two months). They reduced my bill from $906 to a figure I can live with. I had to weigh time-loss and possible legal expenses against submitting to those dollars lost in a settlement I managed to make with the dealer owner. I sent a letter to Kubota too and they sided with their regional service person that declared it not warrantable. I never was able to see any evidence that I deliberately postponed regeneration four times. I believe that they did not have that evidence. I was never able to speak directly with the regional Kubota rep nor did I get the letter from him I requested through the branch manager. I will try to work with the emissions system intact as long as possible, but I will not rule out bypassing the system at some future point. I now "know someone" that can make that happen without sending my money to Poland or Turkey for a kit. This forum has been very helpful to me and I appreciate everyone that spent time to give constructive advice.
I was wondering if some countries can still sell a B3350 that does not have a dpf system. Could you then order an ECM from a dealer in that country?

mzimbaro

Equipment
Aug 2, 2021
Ontario Canada
Be advised that Kubota has extended the warranty of the reformer and anything damaged by a failed reformer for the lifetime of the tractor regardless of ownership.

Tampering with the emissions system will void this warranty.

SDT
Completely removing the emissions systems means means easier cold weather starting, more HP, and better fuel economy. Also, Emissions warranty would not be required as there is nothing left that can fail.

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
Completely removing the emissions systems means means easier cold weather starting, more HP, and better fuel economy. Also, Emissions warranty would not be required as there is nothing left that can fail.
errrr but you void the warranty on the ENTIRE engine in doing so.

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501 with R4 tires
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
Just keep in mind that on vehicles that have ECMs, the system looks for the emissions equipment sensors. You can't just remove the parts.

You have to reprogram the ECM. The truck type DPF delete always requires a programmer, fwiw. But, there used to be businesses dedicated to programming trucks. I don't know if any of those still exist or not. Probably none exist for the B3350 at all.

If the B3350 is running and you never had issues for years, don't worry about it. Otherwise, get it running and trade it if you don't ever want to deal with it again.

Fwiw, I had issues getting my truck to complete a regen once. Since I was on the road, my solution was to put a gallon of PowerService Grey bottle in the tank. Besides a cleaner, it is also a Cetane booster, so it makes the engine run hotter with more power. After about 20 miles, the region completed. That would be around $35 bucks to try even if you put a gallon in it.

Last edited:

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
re: You have to reprogram the ECM

Or just install fake sensors.......

Either way it's a heckuva lot of work to void a warranty !!

mzimbaro

Equipment
Aug 2, 2021
Ontario Canada
Just keep in mind that on vehicles that have ECMs, the system looks for the emissions equipment sensors. You can't just remove the parts.

You have to reprogram the ECM. The truck type DPF delete always requires a programmer, fwiw. But, there used to be businesses dedicated to programming trucks. I don't know if any of those still exist or not. Probably none exist for the B3350 at all.

If the B3350 is running and you never had issues for years, don't worry about it. Otherwise, get it running and trade it if you don't ever want to deal with it again.

Fwiw, I had issues getting my truck to complete a regen once. Since I was on the road, my solution was to put a gallon of PowerService Grey bottle in the tank. Besides a cleaner, it is also a Cetane booster, so it makes the engine run hotter with more power. After about 20 miles, the region completed. That would be around $35 bucks to try even if you put a gallon in it.
Maybe ECM wasn't the right word but rather the Engine module that controls combustion. If a tractor is sold in a market that does not require pollution control, then that module would be programmed as such and that module could be used in another tractor that also did not have pollution control.

I have had nothing but problems with my B3350. The dealer lied to me about why the tractor was traded in so early. I tried to have them take it back and switch do a different model but they only offered me 1/2 of what I paid for it. I lost $16,000.00 on it after only 12 months. Worse yet, some of the attachments I bought would not work on the replacement model so I would loose money on those as well. I am not prepared to loose up to $25,000.00 because of what I determine to be defective engineering and a poor support model.

Lastly, I will try your suggestion of using PowerService? Anything that gets the engine hotter in the winter will help with the regen process. Hopefully it will stop the tractor from wanting to regen every 4 or 5 hours. It always comes up just as I am finishing a job and want to go in. I don't dare skip it after all of the issues I had with the tractor, the dealer, and the Kubota rep.

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501 with R4 tires
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
The tractor itself is out of warranty after 5 years. The only warranty left is on the emissions. Again if you don't have emissions, what warranty are you loosing out on?
Warranty aside, you still need figure out how to remove the emissions equipment. I guess you could experiment, but I'd try the PowerService Diesel Kleen first. Available at most Walmarts and autopart stores. https://powerservice.com/psp_product/diesel-kleen-cetane-boost/ is what I used. It's a bit more cetane than the white bottle.

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
Please explain how removing the emissions system will result in easier cold weather starting and more HP.

SDT

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
Maybe ECM wasn't the right word but rather the Engine module that controls combustion. If a tractor is sold in a market that does not require pollution control, then that module would be programmed as such and that module could be used in another tractor that also did not have pollution control.

I have had nothing but problems with my B3350. The dealer lied to me about why the tractor was traded in so early. I tried to have them take it back and switch do a different model but they only offered me 1/2 of what I paid for it. I lost $16,000.00 on it after only 12 months. Worse yet, some of the attachments I bought would not work on the replacement model so I would loose money on those as well. I am not prepared to loose up to $25,000.00 because of what I determine to be defective engineering and a poor support model.

Lastly, I will try your suggestion of using PowerService? Anything that gets the engine hotter in the winter will help with the regen process. Hopefully it will stop the tractor from wanting to regen every 4 or 5 hours. It always comes up just as I am finishing a job and want to go in. I don't dare skip it after all of the issues I had with the tractor, the dealer, and the Kubota rep.
Do you have the Kubota supplied cold weather package?

Ask and you shall receive, or, at least, I did.

Agreed, regarding the timing of regens. I've gotten into the habit of pushing the inhibit button a few minutes before heading to the barn (but before a regen has started).

SDT

mzimbaro

Equipment
Aug 2, 2021
Ontario Canada
Do you have the Kubota supplied cold weather package?

Ask and you shall receive, or, at least, I did.

Agreed, regarding the timing of regens. I've gotten into the habit of pushing the inhibit button a few minutes before heading to the barn (but before a regen has started).

SDT
I don't know what that is. What is it?

mzimbaro

Equipment
Aug 2, 2021
Ontario Canada
Warranty aside, you still need figure out how to remove the emissions equipment. I guess you could experiment, but I'd try the PowerService Diesel Kleen first. Available at most Walmarts and autopart stores. https://powerservice.com/psp_product/diesel-kleen-cetane-boost/ is what I used. It's a bit more cetane than the white bottle.
Looks like I need the "White Bottle" according to their link. I hope I can find some on my way home tonight.

mzimbaro

Equipment
Aug 2, 2021
Ontario Canada
Please explain how removing the emissions system will result in easier cold weather starting and more HP.

SDT
I think (hope) that removing the DPF filter will make it easier to start as there won't be as much back pressure when trying to start. If you consider that after a few hours, the DPF is starting to get pretty plugged up. It doesn't seem to matter if I hold the glow plugs on for 5 seconds or 50 seconds, the tractor always stalls on the first three attempts. It sounds like a 1920 tractor trying to start. Sure a lot of this is wishful thinking.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I think (hope) that removing the DPF filter will make it easier to start as there won't be as much back pressure when trying to start. If you consider that after a few hours, the DPF is starting to get pretty plugged up. It doesn't seem to matter if I hold the glow plugs on for 5 seconds or 50 seconds, the tractor always stalls on the first three attempts. It sounds like a 1920 tractor trying to start. Sure a lot of this is wishful thinking.
If your B3350 is hard starting it not because of the emissions equipment.

Thumpergregg

Equipment
Kubota 3350
Feb 9, 2022
Michigan
you know someone? I would also like to know someone. I have too much money invested and do not want to continue to have problems.

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
I don't know what that is. What is it?
Kubota supplies a package to 3350 users for use in cold climates that serves to increase engine operating temperature.

Package includes a magnetically attached, fabric grill cover that reduces cold air flow through the radiator as well as an instructional decal directing one to remove the air inlet extending above the radiator such that inlet air is taken from behind the radiator.

Upon asking for such package Kubota supplied it without charge to me. I believe that there are limitations regarding locality, e.g., cold climates.

SDT