B3300su will start in gear

pudd750

Jan 31, 2014
eagle
basically here to brag about my bright shiny new orange tractor that followed me home last spring, . but talking to my brother i got wondering how Kubota in this day and age of litigation could sell a tractor that can be started and (inadvertantly) put into forward or reverse motion while the operator is not seated- by pushing one of the floor buttons with a hand-
i can leave it in 4hi or low, start it standing next to it, and then push one of the pedals while standing next to it and itll go (why am i excited)?
i was climbing to get into the seat with it running the other day and the reverse pedal, being black like the floorboard, found itself underfoot as i was walking on the floorboard-
IMHO the pedal, if active , should be a bright color so the old person knows exactly where it is - mines getting a coat of yellow paint -
(my brothers new widdle green tractor will not start in gear - it must be moved into neutral - its a 23? hp hydro)
i do love this tractor- its my helping hand on this 3 acres doing stuff that would have to not get done - new chipper/shredder on the way --

BotaDriver

Equipment
L3800dt
May 15, 2013
North GA
Sounds like you have a faulty sensor on either the pedal or the seat. My Geared 3800 instantly shuts off if you move from neutral while not on the seat. And if the seat switch is frozen, it shuts off if you're on the seat. :D

BRAMEL

Equipment
Bx 1500...gone! Bx25D just arrived.
Dec 22, 2013
Ontario, Canada
My bx25d will start in gear also. A vast improvement compared to my 2003 bx 1500 which wouldn't start when left in gear. Just my opinion.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Yep take it to get it serviced, like BotaDriver said it should shut off immediately if you step on the pedal.
Was the HST engaged, and did it move when you stepped on the pedal?

pudd750

Jan 31, 2014
eagle
ok here goes- i forgot, in my haste and soiled underwear, that if pushed too far either forward or reverse pedal will kill the motor if the operator isnt seated- but a small amount of either forward or aft movement is allowed , extremely handy for solo hooking up implements while standing beside the tractor, impossible or difficult from the seat of course-
yes the selector was in 4 -high- i just ticked the rear pedal with my foot and the tractor jerked a bit, tho the box spreader and loader were down , not allowing much movement- one more split second and i am pretty sure my foot was right on the edge of engaging the safety (killing the motor)-- i love the ability to push either pedal a bit and get 3 point devices hooked up while im on the ground- whatta tractor -thanks all for the replies

Last edited:

ibunker

Equipment
B3300SU w/BK76, Box blade, DR wood chipper
Dec 5, 2010
Port Orchard, WA
OPC (Operator Presence Control) switch is engaged by a linkage from the HST pedal. If the HST pedal is depressed and the operator leaves the seat, the tractor will shut off. If you find that is not the case, you need to get under the tractor and spray lub on the linkage and switch button. When the HST pedal is in neutral, the linkage will depress the switch button. And if it does not start, the switch is not depressed (seeing neutral).

BotaDriver

Equipment
L3800dt
May 15, 2013
North GA
ok here goes- i forgot, in my haste and soiled underwear, that if pushed too far either forward or reverse pedal will kill the motor if the operator isnt seated- but a small amount of either forward or aft movement is allowed , extremely handy for solo hooking up implements while standing beside the tractor, impossible or difficult from the seat of course-
This is why I use the FEL w/ bucket at the dump position to move the machine forward or backward. Makes hooking up implements easy compared to w/ out using this method.