B3300su backhoe install

rparkinson

Aug 23, 2012
Northport Maine
Has anyone ever installed a hoe one one of these? I bought this new a few weeks ago, and I am thinking I should have gotten a hoe too. I was thinking in the spring I may install one- ever done it? I would think the subframe just bolts on, add remotes and go....

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
Depending on what you plan to do with the tractor you may want to concider a 3pt BH. I have had both and they both have there benefits. I use my tractor for to many other things then to have a BH hanging on it all the time. The 3pt model although was limited on how it could be treated was real nice to put on and remove. Completely self contained unit that can be mounted on about anything.

If you plan on doing lots of digging I would say do like I did. By a used mini trackhoe. I have less in the trackhoe than what I gave for my BH and it does 10x the work.

Apogee

Equipment
B6100, B7100, B8200, B9200, G4200, L175, L35
Jan 22, 2012
Tacoma, WA
While the 3pt would be convenient, I would submit that Kubota engineered the backhoe with a sub-frame for a reason. You'd hate to break your new toy in half...

If I'd bought new, I'd definitely stick with the manufacturer that way if something fails you can take it back to them and raise hell.

Just my $.02,

Steve

rparkinson

Aug 23, 2012
Northport Maine
Yeah a 3pt would be convenient for sure, but I do no want to trade that for weakness. Not that I will use it commercially, just odd jobs around the house digging stumps and the side job now and again. I am just wondering if the subframe style is a real pita to install.... I dont know, maybe I should look at a 3pt, I have never really examined one.

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
I look at it this way. If you plan on treating it like it's a big Cat BH then a 3pt unit is out of the question. You can't have the back end of the tractor all jacked up in the air or swinging side to side on the boom. Take into consideration that my L3000 weighs 1000 lbs more than your B3300 does. Digging, the 3pt will dig just like the subframe unit will. The difference being you can't lift the tractor off the ground and swing it over ditches and such. You will run into situations where you are limited on what you can do without doing harm to the tractor.

I was serious about the mini x though. I gave $6400 for the last new BH I bought. I found my Bobcat mini x for $5500 used of course. It's made just for digging and will run circles around a small BH. A added bonus by going this rout is having the tractor for extra support when you're doing a job. Before I got my TH I would avoid or just plain forget about doing small digging jobs because it wasn't worth putting the BH on for small chores. Why take a hour to install and remove the BH for a job that takes 5 minutes to complete. A prime example of that just happened to me a few days ago when I had a busted water line. It took maybe 5 or 6 passes to move enough dirt so I could fix the line. Honestly, even going slow so I wouldn't do more damage it was like 2 or 3 minutes of digging. It would have taken longer to install the BH on my tractor than it took to do the repair in the first place.

Rparkinson, I'm not trying to confuse you or talk you into something you don't want or need. In the end you know what your plans are and what fits your needs the best. Since I have already had both types of Bh attachments and the mini x I wanted to give you as much honest input as I could. For my needs the mini x was by far the best money spent. If you were closer I would put you right in a nearly new BH. All it's doing for me is taking up shed space.

rparkinson

Aug 23, 2012
Northport Maine
Bulldog- you are not confusing me a bit. I appreciate the advise alot. I will think about what you said- makes sense. I dont think I will make a move on anything until spring... Right now any money I have has been buying more reloading stuff anyway. Thanks alot-

ibunker

Equipment
B3300SU w/BK76, Box blade, DR wood chipper
Dec 5, 2010
Port Orchard, WA
RP. I bought my B3300su with a backhoe, model BH76. Easy to remove and install. Adds the rear weight needed to lift max FEL weight and will get you out of tight spots if you get stuck. Dug out 15 stumps so far and numerous blackberry removal projects for friends, makes a great rake. The back end of tractor has two u shaped hooks and above them are to receiving holes for large pins. Remove one hydraulic hose from tractor, couple to BH and one hose from BH to tractor. If you want pics, I'll be glad to post.

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
My B670 backhoe takes about 15 minutes to remove & about 20-25 to re-attach to my B7100. (subframe mount) The hardest part is getting the blocking to set it on at the correct height for an easy install at the next mounting.

Attachments

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
Lil Foot, that pic takes me back. I had a 7100 setup just like that. The only difference I see is the wheel weights. From what the pic shows that sure is a clean little beast.

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Bulldog- thanks, it's getting there. That pic was right after the backhoe rebuild.

rparkinson

Aug 23, 2012
Northport Maine
I think I will try one out and check it over. I have to go to Union Farm in the morning anyway to pick up a service manual for the B3300 and a new fuel can. I will see if I can try one out. That is a good looking 7100.

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
rparkinson- thanks, it's a work in progress, nice to know people appreciate the effort.