B3030 stuck in mid PTO

tiredguy

Equipment
B3030 HSTC,B2781 51" front mounted snowblower,60" MMM
Jan 21, 2010
northern lower Michigan
I know I've read where others have had their PTO stuck where it wouldn't change, but couldn't find the cure. Up until I tried to use the neighbors 3pt tiller the other day I hadn't moved the lever out of the mid position since I got it a couple years ago because I've only needed to run the MMM and the front mounted snowblower.

Can anyone tell me what I need to do? I read in one where the dealer service guy came out and took off the left rear tire then beat something with a sledge hammer. I don't mind using a BFH if I have to, just need to know what needs to be hit and how. A picture would really help too if possible.
Al

tiredguy

Equipment
B3030 HSTC,B2781 51" front mounted snowblower,60" MMM
Jan 21, 2010
northern lower Michigan
Got it free today finally!

It was stuck where the shart goes through the housing, basically rusted in place from lack of use. I had sprayed it down with Deep Creep last night then again today, then just kept working the lever alternating back and forth sprayed it some more and it finally started moving.

Just have to keep the pivot points at the shaft lubed up and remember to occasionally engage the rear PTO to keep it free.
Al