B3030 3 point lift?

bowtech40

Equipment
Kubota B3030, 60" mmm, LA403 FEL
Nov 29, 2011
Lindstrom, Mn.
Hello,
I just purchased a used 2006 B3030 with a 60" MMM. When I raise the 3 point it seems to struggle to lift the deck, and it does not go very high. Not even close to putting the lock pins in? Could it be low on fluid, or am I missing something?
Mark

birddogger

May 29, 2011
Pittsburgh
Is 3ph is raising to the full height and the deck doesn't raise high enough? Am I getting the right picture?

The one I run only raises by 2 chains from the deck-lift-arms to the deck. If the clevis pin isn't inserted in the correct link(s) it barely comes up at all. Found out when I lost a pin and had to figure out which link was correct for a full lift, yet allow fully lowered. Also good to make sure the bracket that holds the lift-arms are securely fastened.

bowtech40

Equipment
Nov 29, 2011
Lindstrom, Mn.
Thanks, I will do some more checking. I have plenty of time to figure it out since the snow has shown up here in Minnesota.

bowtech40

Equipment
Nov 29, 2011
Lindstrom, Mn.
There is an adjustment rod that is used to adjust the lifting height stop. I am all out of threads and the fluid seems ok on the dip stick? It goes almost all the way up now, but not quite there yet. I can pick up on the arms and they have about an inch of play until it is all the way up. I would think it should go up the rest of the way? And it would allow me to insert the pins that hold the mower deck linkage up when the deck is off.
Also, is a 3PH suppose to have down pressure, or do they float? I am a newbie so I do not know.

tiredguy

Equipment
B3030 HSTC,B2781 51" front mounted snowblower,60" MMM
Jan 21, 2010
northern lower Michigan
There is an adjustment rod that is used to adjust the lifting height stop. I am all out of threads and the fluid seems ok on the dip stick? It goes almost all the way up now, but not quite there yet. I can pick up on the arms and they have about an inch of play until it is all the way up. I would think it should go up the rest of the way? And it would allow me to insert the pins that hold the mower deck linkage up when the deck is off.
Also, is a 3PH suppose to have down pressure, or do they float? I am a newbie so I do not know.
I've got the exact same tractor & deck and it and you have to manually lift it ( use a block of wood and 2x4 etc ) that last little bit to be able to pin it up. If the deck did go all the way up like you assume it would, it wouldn't take long and everything would be so bent up you'd never be able to do it at all. Search around and you'll find other post's with the tricks others use to lift it the last little bit. You could use a floor jack etc but I find a could of short peices of 2x4 way easier to grab and go lighter than screwing around with my floor jack. By the way, I never lift the back and lock it in because pinning the front is all that's needed to be able to use they 3pt independantly. There's no down pressure at all on the 3pt, it just floats down carried be it's own or attatchment weight. Belarus is the only tractor I know of that does that and it can be a PITA at times when you forget it does it. Been there and done that with my 57hp several times.
Tired

bowtech40

Equipment
Nov 29, 2011
Lindstrom, Mn.
Thanks so much for the replies, and merry christmas. Maybe you are on to something in regards to lifting the last bit with leverage, it makes sense in a way. My problem is I think things should work as designed, and obviously this system does not? I already used all the adjustment, so I guess I am stuck with the 2x4. The only other question I have is does your 3PH come up slowly the last little bit?
Mark

tiredguy

Equipment
Jan 21, 2010
northern lower Michigan
Can't say that it doesn't work as designed, it's more that it doesn't work
exactly how you'd assume it should. Mine slows down at the very top like yours does and I think that's what it's designed to do. Seriously if it did come up fast and bottom out at the top it really would be hitting it hard enough to
do some serious damage over time. There's enough slop or clearance so it doesn't bind if say you were going over a bump or angled as you brought it up
it would bind otherwise and possibly do damage.
Another thing you'll discover that putting those keyring keepers on the pins is the worst part of pinning it up far more so than leveraging it up that last half inch. I plan on ordering some "push pins" that have a spring loaded ball on the one end to retain them instead of screwing around with the factory pins and retainers. Do some searching and you'll find a posting on that issue with a link to where they can be bought cheap online, What I found locally had to be ordered only available in stainless steel for a cost of nearly $20.00 each where the others were under $3.00 each. With push in pins I can do it in about 3 minutes I figure so the teeter totter 2x4 on a block isn't a big deal at all.One guy here picks his up manually which I could too but won't. The older I get the wiser I become and don't risk my back when I can avoid it.

Mine's a 2007 with cab I bought used with 150 hours on it and the more I use it the better I like it cause it's a really good machine. Mow in the summer and snow blow in the winter with a front mount set up and I'm now totally spoiled.
LOL! Found a brand new used/unused front end loader this fall for half price that's making things even easier for me too. My only complaint is that the brake pedals should be on the left side so I could use them to help steer when it's slippery on slopes when snowblowing and wish the hydrostat whine wasn't so loud. That said it's the 1st tractor I've owned and or run where I didn't have to wear my ear muff hearing protectors although it's probably best that I did. One of my boys is going to wire a headphone jack into the stereo so I'll probably use the headphones then and listen to some tunes while I work and the whine shouldn't bother me then.
Tired

bowtech40

Equipment
Nov 29, 2011
Lindstrom, Mn.
Tired,
You are quite spoiled with that cab! I looked at them also, but I bought this mainly to use on my hunting property and mow at home. I thought maybe the cab would get wrecked in the woods. I am looking at brush mowers at this time, and am surprised at all the choices. Brown makes a real heavy model that catches my eye. The 460 I think it is. But maybe I am expecting more from this tractor then it can do? Today I was using a Bobcat 160 with a brush mower on the front behind my house, and it did not do what I thought it should. I stalled the cutter often. But the flail blades looked dull to me, and maybe a 160 is a little small. I guess I thought they woul just plow right through the stuff. It did good on the 2" popple, but that Buck thorn is tough stuff!!!
Mark

Hook

Equipment
L3240 with LA514 FEL, Box Blade, Howard Rotovator, All Purpose Plow, Sub Soiler
Jul 6, 2010
Jackson, Georgia
I had a Brown 460 Bush Hog. Their equipment is as good as any. It is probably the heaviest 5 foot bush hog you will find. If you are using it for hunting property it is a very good choice.

tiredguy

Equipment
Jan 21, 2010
northern lower Michigan
Re: B3030 3 point lift? deck won't pin up now

Help!
Well guys after bragging how easy it was to raise the deck and pin it up, mine will no longer allow me to do what I've always done anymore. It just doesn't raise up at the right angle ( guessing here now ) nor will it physically come up anywheres near enough to pin it up. Boggles my mind!

It hits the "stop notch" in the rear and the front can't be raised high enough to pin and it's not even close to either of the 2 holes in the frame where it might go. I did lose one of the rear turn buckle arms last fall while mowing where I should have been using the bruch hog, the pin fell out of the clevis dropping the arm where I then back over it and snapped it off at the front threads. Couldn't find it so I bought a new one and adjusted to the proper lenght, then a couple of weeks ago when I needed to use the 3pt boom pole couldn't pin the deck up. I dropped the deck of used the boom and then inspected everything finding nothing bent broke or seemingly out of order at all. Put the deck back on and spent a couple hours studying it playing with it lifting up and down and enlisted my son who's a very good mechanical trouble shooter to see if he could see something I was missing. No luck and I figured I'd ask if anyone else has
had the same problem.

Any help or suggestions would sure be appeciated.
Al