B2920 MMM deck height slips

Buckeye

Equipment
B2920 mmm, FEL, blade, rake, 48" Bush hog
Mar 31, 2012
ohio
I have a B2920 with 60"mmm only 30hours on it. Recently I have noticed the height adjustment knob will not maintain its height, keeps creeping down on its own. My dealer was aware of this problem, since is under warranty the service manager came out dropped the stepped cylinder off and filed each notch to redefine the detents. Time will tell, but i have mowed for 3 hours today and never once did the height adjustment slip. The design imo looks wimpy, its hard to believe Kubota engineers couldn't come up with a more robust solution.

buckeye

Buckeye

Equipment
B2920 mmm, FEL, blade, rake, 48" Bush hog
Mar 31, 2012
ohio
Well folks, the redefining of the step cylinder detentes DID NOT hold. After mowing for about 4 hours the slipping was back. I will call my dealer service manager once again with the bad news, see what plan B is. I have read about various solutions to this common height adjustment issue. Is anyone confident their "fix" truly works for the long haul? What are your dealers telling you? Any Kubota approved modifications that your aware of?

thanks all

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
John Deere 790 John Deere 310 backhoe Bobcat 743
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
Can you post a photo of the detents?

birddogger

May 29, 2011
Pittsburgh
It should be warrantied. Call them tell them the fix didn't work; it is now time to replace the cylinder.

I've been told the way to use the height setting knob is to, raise the deck, set the new height desired, lower the deck. To raise and lower the deck using just the adjustment knob just wears it away.

half_full

Equipment
B2320
May 18, 2012
Williamston, MI
I found the fix in other threads. Define the adjustments better on the cylinder, add another washer and tighten the nut (use locktite).
Still slips.

I know we shouldn't have to but, I just keep a 15mm deep well on a ratchet handy. Set deck height and tighten the nut to where the knob cannot turn.
Certainly a pain but tired of dealing with it. Takes less than a minute and done.

JTom

May 28, 2023
Cantucky
I found the fix in other threads. Define the adjustments better on the cylinder, add another washer and tighten the nut (use locktite).
Still slips.

I know we shouldn't have to but, I just keep a 15mm deep well on a ratchet handy. Set deck height and tighten the nut to where the knob cannot turn.
Certainly a pain but tired of dealing with it. Takes less than a minute and done.
Where is the nut u tighten ? Has this worked for u?

GrizBota

Equipment
L3830HST/LA724, B2601/LA435/RCK54-32, RCR1872, CDI 66”grapple, pallet forks
Apr 26, 2023
Oregon
Where is the nut u tighten ? Has this worked for u?
Half full hasn’t been on this site for almost a decade. You might think about making a new post and asking your question.