B2910 mid shaft comes off while running belly mower

HST2910

Equipment
HST 2910
Mar 24, 2019
Waterford, PA, USA
I have a B2910 with a RCK60-27B belly rotary mower. I ran this mower all season last year without issue until the very last mow of the season. As I was mowing the quick attach coupler on the mid pto pulled off of the spline on the tractor side . I stopped the machine looked things over and reattached the coupler. I could hear and feel it lock into position and I was unable to pull it off. I reattached everything and started the mower again and within a few minutes it again came loose. At this point now being sure it had been locked into place I removed the belly mower and parked it for the winter. I again attached just the tractor side of the shaft and coupler. It locked into place and I tried pulling it off twisting it around etc and couldn't get it off.

Well fast forward to today and I'm looking to repair or replace this coupler as I am guessing something is wrong with the internal spring or bearings? I'm thinking that while I couldn't pull it off it must somehow be unlocking when at speed. I called my Kubota dealer and ran my problem by the parts guy. He went and talked to someone else and said I needed a new quick attach yoke and it would be $272 but none in stock. OK I asked what all that entailed and he wasn't sure. I then asked if there was a rebuild kit for the coupler, such as a new spring and bearings kit and he said there was not. I tried to get the part number to look into it but they don't give out part numbers.

So I am wondering if anyone has had this happen and what did you replace to fix it? Did you just repair the coupler or buy the entire half shaft as one unit? I may not be using the right terminology thus having trouble looking it up online. Searching for what the dealer said, "quick attach yoke" for a B series didn't get me anywhere. This is a Weasler part and I did try to look up the part number (06045-18) but got nothing in a google search. I bought this machine used from this particular dealer and am not sure if they put the Weasler shaft on or the owner. I appreciate any help getting me pointed in the right direction.

PXL_20210319_213610209_2.jpg

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Check to see if all the "balls" are still inside the coupler.

I bought a B7100 and had a mmm that the collar would not come off the PTO - it was damaged so badly that I had to cut it off! And it took me 2 years to find the yoke end of it.

When you look inside and pull the collar back - do all the balls (not sure how many there are) move and or are they all there?

Reactions: 1 user

HST2910

Equipment
HST 2910
Mar 24, 2019
Waterford, PA, USA
Check to see if all the "balls" are still inside the coupler.

I bought a B7100 and had a mmm that the collar would not come off the PTO - it was damaged so badly that I had to cut it off! And it took me 2 years to find the yoke end of it.

When you look inside and pull the collar back - do all the balls (not sure how many there are) move and or are they all there?
Up until I got this B2910 I was running (and still do) a 1951 Ford 8N so my knowledge gap is quite wide with this here "new" high tech stuff. I never used a collar like this before now. Everything I ever owned had the push button release/lock. I just checked and sure enough I am missing 2 out of 4 "balls"! Can I replace them somehow? I'm not sure how this plastic collar would come off to get access.

BCSB

Equipment
L5030-FEL-front mount blower and blade- ZG23- B2650
Mar 19, 2019
Wisconsin
Repair kits are common- I've had to do several of mine over the years probably due to mud dirt dust and lots of use.
I think you have a 6 series if not check the Weasler site under Spring-Lok repair and match your dimensions
If you have a Safety Slide Lok they have the kits as well.
Baum should have them- WEASLER - Baum Hydraulicswww.baumhydraulics.com › Category › Items › webdesc...
Tractor Parts Ag would too-QD REPAIR KIT WEASLER SPRING LOK-Tractor Parts AGtractorpartsag.com › Product › 971-dash-13003100

They should be under $15.
Easy fix- have fun and good luck
Bill

Reactions: 1 users

HST2910

Equipment
HST 2910
Mar 24, 2019
Waterford, PA, USA
Repair kits are common- I've had to do several of mine over the years probably due to mud dirt dust and lots of use.
I think you have a 6 series if not check the Weasler site under Spring-Lok repair and match your dimensions
Baum should have them- WEASLER - Baum Hydraulicswww.baumhydraulics.com › Category › Items › webdesc...
Tractor Parts Ag would too-QD REPAIR KIT WEASLER SPRING LOK-Tractor Parts AGtractorpartsag.com › Product › 971-dash-13003100

Bill
Thank you for the reply! I will look into those links and hopefully get myself straightened out!

HST2910

Equipment
HST 2910
Mar 24, 2019
Waterford, PA, USA

Bill
Bill what is the difference between the Spring Lock and Safety Slide Lock? Mine just pulls back to release and pushes forward to engage so I'm assuming it's a Spring Lock?

PXL_20210320_145219654_2.jpg

Donystoy

Equipment
LX2610HSDCC, B/H, Loader, plus numerous other attachments. B7200 sold
Dec 10, 2013
Binbrook, Ontario
Just wondering what on the male shaft do the balls drop into to keep it in place and do they need aligning to be in the correct spot. The male piece on my tractor used a pin that went right through the spline and has a cotter pin on the other end. When I fabbed my snow blower attachment some years ago I was only able to source the spring type that you have. To make it work I ran the pto at high speed and cut a groove around it with an angle grinder to accept the balls on the new style coupling. I would think that you have either a spring issue with the balls or for whatever reason the coupling is not going onto the shaft far enough for the balls to drop into place.

BCSB

Equipment
L5030-FEL-front mount blower and blade- ZG23- B2650
Mar 19, 2019
Wisconsin
Yours is a Spring-Lok coupler- The Safety Slide Lok works similar but it has 2 pawls inside to lock to the shaft. It's used more for PTO shafts that have a may thrust load. I've seen them used on implements where they really aren't needed.

Reactions: 1 user

HST2910

Equipment
HST 2910
Mar 24, 2019
Waterford, PA, USA
So I ordered what I thought was the correct kit for this spring loc .... Weasler Repair Kit 13003100. Got it today and it's not even close to what I have. Even the bearings are the wrong size. I've searched for hours trying to figure this out and I'm coming up empty. If anyone can help me find the correct kit I would really be appreciative.