B2650HSDC(probably not cab specific) steering wheel removal

Orange1forme

Equipment
B2650 HSDC, filled tires, wheel spacers, B2728B , LA534A FEL, 3rd valve kit
Dec 1, 2018
Wa
I have been doing some wiring modifications and am frustrated that I cannot fully remove the plastic shroud that covers the stuff under the dash.
I can remove the screw in the upper middle and the 2 low side bolts, but that piece does not seem to come off without removing the steering wheel.

Is there any issue with multiple removals and reinstalls of the steering wheel?

Do I need to use anything special to remove/install it tool wise or thread lock?

DeepWoods

Equipment
B2650HSDC Woodland Mills WC68 Wood Chipper
Apr 10, 2019
Bigfork Minnesota
I have removed my plastic shroud from the dash of my cab B2650 several times without removing the steering wheel. If I had to tell you how, I probably couldn't describe how I did it, but it can be done. I know at least one time I removed the key switch first, but if I remember correctly, I think it can be done without doing it as well. Also if I remember, the steering wheel needs to be tilted away from the dash.

Reactions: 1 user

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Kubota B2650 and lots of other equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota
Is there any issue with multiple removals and reinstalls of the steering wheel?

Do I need to use anything special to remove/install it tool wise or thread lock?
I have the ROPS model 2650 and have had my steering wheel off and on a few times. Remove the center medallion and nut holding the splined steering wheel hub to the shaft and its ready to remove. I could pop mine off with a couple of upward blows with my fist. a soft rubber mallet would've been easier on the hands. No special tools needed other than the right size socket to remove that nut.

I believe I had to remove the steering wheel to get the plastic shroud off and completely out of the way.

Orange1forme

Equipment
Dec 1, 2018
Wa
I have removed my plastic shroud from the dash of my cab B2650 several times without removing the steering wheel. If I had to tell you how, I probably couldn't describe how I did it, but it can be done. I know at least one time I removed the key switch first, but if I remember correctly, I think it can be done without doing it as well. Also if I remember, the steering wheel needs to be tilted away from the dash.

I tried a few times to remove it, but finally decided to just work with it.
I do remove the ignition switch from the shroud each time, it's just a threaded ring and quick to do.

I guess the next time I have it off I will have to try again.

Orange1forme

Equipment
Dec 1, 2018
Wa
I have the ROPS model 2650 and have had my steering wheel off and on a few times. Remove the center medallion and nut holding the splined steering wheel hub to the shaft and its ready to remove. I could pop mine off with a couple of upward blows with my fist. a soft rubber mallet would've been easier on the hands. No special tools needed other than the right size socket to remove that nut.

I believe I had to remove the steering wheel to get the plastic shroud off and completely out of the way.

Okay, thanks!!