B2650 Workout

Stmar

Equipment
B2650HSDC
May 23, 2017
Buffalo, Wyoming
County did not plow the road, wife made it out in the Subaru but the wind was blowing and an hour later there was a huge drift, people getting stuck and you could not even see the Subaru's tracks. I took the B2650 and cleared the road, took about 2 hours, deep snow and I had to take a bit at a time. Someone must have talked to the county because next day the road was cleared and even our driveway entrance was groomed, usually they leave a berm that I have to knock down. First real trial for the Kubota and for a little tractor it really stepped up. Cab was so warm had to take off my gloves and unzip my jacket and the temp was turned down on heater, lol.

barmstro

Equipment
b1860, b2650, front end loaders, box blade mmm, rear and front snowblowers
Dec 1, 2017
minnesota
I also had to work the B2650, started at 7:30 am doing my 1000' length driveway and two parking areas, drove her 3 miles to town did my sons driveway. Saw an older feller struggling with the road plow berm, quickly did that for him (he just smiled ear to ear) Got home and went to neighbors to help him fix his 3point snowblower. He wasn't home so I followed his tractor tacks to another neighbor who's skid steer had died, and he had to plow out his shop and get his unloaded semi up on the road. My neighbor was trying to clear the area with about a 48" wide bucket, they were both happy to see the b2650 with front snowblower and rear box blade.
I left the house with a jacket and gloves behind the seat wearing only a t-shirt and jeans, and I ended up turning the heat off and opening the back window to stay cool because of the sun. I returned home at 3:00pm. I use to use the loader and rear snowblower, I will never go back, the front blower and back box blade work great for my applications. I just back up to the garage door drop the box blade and the front snowblower, the box blade picks up the snow under the tractor and scrapes the driveway with the front blower moving the snow all in one swipe.
80 joyful hours now on my 2017 b2650.

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Hmm, post from Wyoming, then one from Minnesota, and every time I look at our forecast for tomorrow they add an inch to it. I think it is heading my way. Funny thing it is 59 out now, no snow on the ground. The 2650 with a front blower is a real blessing, the most I've had to tackle at once is around a foot, but no problem. It is a great rig.

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Thank you. Actually there is also a couple of horses better equipped (but not trained!) to pull a tractor out of a snow bank. One is 18 3h.

barmstro

Equipment
b1860, b2650, front end loaders, box blade mmm, rear and front snowblowers
Dec 1, 2017
minnesota
18.5 hands wow!!!!!!!! IS it a Percheron, are you sure its a horse? tee hee
Huge:D

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
He is 1/4 thorougbred, 1/4 Cleveland Bay, 1/2 Oldenburg. The latter two breeds are sort of descended from carriage horses, he was bred to be a combined driving horse, but he got too big, so he was sold to me. Actually looks like an oversized throughbred. He has a really nice disposition. The Oldenburg half is a dressage horse. Sorry for the thread creep:).

Stmar

Equipment
B2650HSDC
May 23, 2017
Buffalo, Wyoming
No problem, any discussion about horses is relevant. Had horses most of my life, raised ours from babies but like all things they get old. Haven't found a cure for that yet. We had Quarter Horses and Appaloosas. My favorite riding horse was descended from Jet Deck, a thoroughbred that produced some great running Quarter Horses. Your guy sounds like a horse I would like, big thoroughbredy (not a real word) looking would be great. Probably a good disposition with that cross too.

Stmar

Equipment
B2650HSDC
May 23, 2017
Buffalo, Wyoming
When I was trying to pull a stuck vehicle out the tractor stalled, vehicle was stuck solid and was going nowhere. When it stalled I tried to restart and nothing, waited a few minutes and it started right up and functioned normally. Does the B2650 have some type of safety that does not allow an instant start after a stall?

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
I really want to thank you guys with all the snow moving equipment for keeping the snow there to play with :D
And for the horse folks,,, The Kid has 7 out of 8 foals on the ground, one was still born 6 fillies and one colt. One filly, if I understand it right I have been way off base before about these blood lines,her blood line from the dame and sire, can be traced back to the 3rd crusade. Yep been in love with Arabs since my first gray mare, no not the fufu skinny, my little pony Arabs but the war horse they are working horses smart and strong, and now the kid raises them

Stmar

Equipment
B2650HSDC
May 23, 2017
Buffalo, Wyoming
No problem Skeets, snow is a way of life here. Crusader Arab? Way cool, post some pics in the Off Topic section. Have seen a few good sized Arabs and they are a sight to behold.

RLinNH

Equipment
B2650,LA534,BH77
Mar 10, 2018
NH
This may very well be the thread that pushes me over the edge to purchase that front mounted snow blower. :rolleyes:

rkuszmar

Equipment
BX2370 with FEL and MMM.
Mar 1, 2017
Middleton, MA
This may very well be the thread that pushes me over the edge to purchase that front mounted snow blower. :rolleyes:

I understand. So glad I bought the front mount. Decided to keep the loader on for the first few storms early this year. That didn’t last long. It just takes so much more time. I’m pretty sure my neighbors are thankful as well. I usually end up doing 4 or 5 driveways.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk