B2650 with a BH77

skypros

Equipment
BX23s
Jul 2, 2018
Bend, OR
I have been going back and forth between a B2601 /BH70 and a B2650 /BH77

The price difference between the two in my configuration from the dealer is $1551

With the B2650/BH77 configuration..... I am wondering if on the BH77 the seat gets removed and a swivel gets placed on the Tractors seat.
If there is a swivel seat does the "backhoe mounting kit" include curved Control sticks..... Because now the seat is Higher and probably positioned so that it is further away.

I am 6'3..... and I have sat in a BH77 with the seat attached to the backhoe frame.... and it was really UNCOMFORTABLE.

"I think" every video I have seen of the B2601/BH70 it had a swivel seat with curved control sticks

"I think" in the B2650/BH77 I have seen both.... dedicated seat for each and "I think" a swivel seat..... with the short control sticks and curved control sticks

Thank You

Sodark

Equipment
2018 B2650 HST ROPS, BH77 Backhoe
May 15, 2018
Pacific Northwest US
I have a B2650/BH77, Not entirely sure what you're asking, I guess the controls are curved? I've only ever really seen and sat on this one so I have nothing to compare it to. The seat swivels. My only complaint about the setup is that it requires extreme care and finesse to lift and swivel the seat around without either side of the seatbelt frame scratching up the plastic... Other than that, I love it. I am 6'6" and 220# and am not at all cramped when seated in the seat facing either direction. I looked pretty ridiculous in a BX, though... It's very uncommon that I fit in things and am very much pleased this is one of those rare exceptions.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

skypros

Equipment
BX23s
Jul 2, 2018
Bend, OR
A picture is worth a 1,000 words..... and that picture answered my questions.

Thank You Sodark, I really appreciate it

76PHD

Equipment
B2650
Apr 12, 2016
North Carolina
I can confirm the same. My B2650 w/BH77 came set up exactly as pictured above. I had a moment of concern when I was at the dealer looking at the backhoe when it had just been pulled from the crate. It had the straight, stubby control levers. But the backhoe kit for the 2650 (presumably also includes the subframe+hydraulics+swivel seat, etc.) also includes the longer control levers with the angle back towards the operator. I'm 6' and have no issues with the setup.

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
The B2650 has a few more comfort features and better control of the 3 point hitch. It also sits a little higher for more ground clearance. Also, nice looking tractor Sodark.

Last edited:

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
Since the BH77 is used on several models, you just have to watch which controls sticks you get. The "short/straight" sticks are used on BH77 models with a cab/fixed seat.

The ones that you want are for the ROPS version with swivel seat. The sticks are longer and curve toward the operator as well.

Mine came with the wrong sticks and it was quite uncomfortable. It was a simple swap, but best to get the right ones from the get go. I can give you the part numbers and descriptions/pics if necessary.

I didn't read all the posts, but, you do lose the real comfy seat when you get the hoe on a ROPS model. I don't find the swivel seat to be uncomfortable.

tempforce

Equipment
B2650HSDC
Jun 23, 2012
bastrop, tx
i have a b2650 with a cab. the bh77 is mounted to a frame extension, so the bh-77 sits behind the cab. i should mention the bh-77 seat back does touch the cab window lightly...