B2650 vs. L3301

peterk

Aug 19, 2017
Clarence NY
New member looking into determining which tractor would work best for me. I have a small farm/acreage to maintain. Brush hogging, general up keep and retrieving firewood on the property. I do not see myself using the middle pto unit on the B2650 as I have three year old mower. So I like the features on both but like the increased PTO horsepower on the L3301. Like everyone I am trying to maximize dollars and don't want to put added features that I won't use. So, long story short is the L3301 a better fit or is there another model I should take a look at?? Any help is appreciated.

rkidd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, FEL With QA 60"mmm, 3pt FDR1672,homemade ballast box, BB 1572 box scraper
Dec 7, 2015
Jefferson Ohio
New member looking into determining which tractor would work best for me. I have a small farm/acreage to maintain. Brush hogging, general up keep and retrieving firewood on the property. I do not see myself using the middle pto unit on the B2650 as I have three year old mower. So I like the features on both but like the increased PTO horsepower on the L3301. Like everyone I am trying to maximize dollars and don't want to put added features that I won't use. So, long story short is the L3301 a better fit or is there another model I should take a look at?? Any help is appreciated.

The L3301 would be a great fit for what you are describing.

KennedyFarmer

Equipment
L3901, with not enough attachments
Jun 8, 2015
Pennsylvania
Not much to compare unless you want a cab only the grand L have factory cabs. the L would be a but more power for the bush hoggging but not much.

Rookie Farmer

Equipment
B2650 SSQD forks 60" rear finish mower
Jun 9, 2017
Tenino, WA
For me it came down the actual size of the machines. I cant be happier with my B2650. I do everything you will be doing and haven't needed anything more.

mickeyd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2014 L3200 DT w/LA524 FEL, 2019 Kubota Z121S w/ 48" Pro Dec, TG1860G w/RCK54TG
Mar 21, 2014
Guin, AL
Both machines have there good points. The L is bigger and heavier and more rugged. The L comes with larger tires and will give better grip and the PTO can handle larger implements.

Stmar

Equipment
B2650HSDC
May 23, 2017
Buffalo, Wyoming
I went with the B2650HSDC because of the footprint/size and the simplified engine, no DPF, and of course the cab. Got tired of fighting the snowy winds, having to dress like a spaceman to plow the driveway. Was not savvy about the hydro-static transmission but it is very maneuverable and plenty of power so far. Hopefully it will perform in the snow as it does now.

amb2650

Aug 24, 2017
Charlton, MA
Pete,
I was in a similar situation a year ago when I decided on a B2650. The heavier weight and better power of the L are certainly very nice, but I chose the smaller motor with no DPF. Also, I preferred the two brake pedals on the left side, so that you can brake one wheel while turning tight. There are a few more creature comforts on the B, like you mentioned with the center PTO.
The B has a ton of power with the little diesel, it runs out of traction (weight) before power. Have you checked out the L2501? Less money and no DPF. Good luck!

Forvols

Jan 28, 2017
Hawkins county TN
I will throw the L2501 in the mix, no emission control or middle pto. Good lift amount on FEL and PTO. What I have, I didn't want a middle PTO or cab most bang for the buck for me was the L2501/HST. Been very happy with the amount of work it does and attachments.

sdk1968

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2601HSD & CK4010HST 4WD/FEL
Oct 19, 2016
Ohio
2601 or 2650 are both awesome!

but if you can afford the bigger tractor?

then the only real question is SPACE... hwo tight are you woods/tree?

bigger tractor needs more space between objects to fit.

the 2650 can fit in 5' of space (width) the bigger boy cant.