B2650 Trouble starting

HJMay

Equipment
Loading,Loading,Snowblowing
Sep 22, 2015
Lyman,Me
I am having trouble starting the tractor. When I turn the ignition key, nothing happens. There is plenty of battery juice and I checked the fuses and all were fine. Then I pushed down on the accelerator and moved it back and forth, and it started. It seems like it wont start unless I keep playing with the accelerator pedal. Any ideas what is causing this and how to fix it?:(

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
I am having trouble starting the tractor. When I turn the ignition key, nothing happens. There is plenty of battery juice and I checked the fuses and all were fine. Then I pushed down on the accelerator and moved it back and forth, and it started. It seems like it wont start unless I keep playing with the accelerator pedal. Any ideas what is causing this and how to fix it?:(

HJ,

you have the famous HST safety switch giving you fits......follow the linkage and find the safety HST switch - it needs a little TLC..... this allows it not to start if in F or R....

report back - tell us what cha found:)

HJMay

Equipment
Loading,Loading,Snowblowing
Sep 22, 2015
Lyman,Me
Hokie,
Follow up on B2650 HST foot pedal safety switch. Got under there and used some Spray lube, cleaned things up. Took plate off on the floor up top and cleaned things up. The dampening cylinder was not returning to neutral. Cleaned that. Now all returns to neutral. Works fine now.:)
Thanks for your help.
HJMAY.

Glocknload

Equipment
B2650
Nov 10, 2018
Mesick, Mi, 49668
Thanks Hokie!!! Saved my bacon with that post! First timer tractor owner, had this issue about an hour in to moving some logs. Used tractor, I thought I was screwed until I saw your post. Thanks for sharing.