B2650 - Tire puncture

gk527

Equipment
Kubota B2650
Apr 6, 2017
Central Kentucky
This morning I start to mow and didn’t make it 15 feet until I punctured my left rear tire. It’s an R4 filled approximately 80% with Rimguard. It sprayed over me and the tractor until the pressure went down.

I made it back to the garage before going all the way down. I lifted the tractor up with a hydraulic floor jack and took the tire off. I’ll be going to the dealer on Monday.

What I’m wondering is how will I get the tire back on the tractor? It’s going to be refilled with Rimguard.

Suggestions?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
Get the tractor jacked up just enough to roll the tire into place to get on the studs,if necessary use a pry bar under tire to get it up into place,I don’t deal with filled tractor tires all day but do deal with big truck tires,shouldn’t be that bad to roll into position,should be able to turn the axle in neutral to get studs aligned

PHPaul

Equipment
B2650, Pronovost snow blower, Landpride rotary mower, Howard tiller, box blade
Apr 2, 2015
Downeast Maine
www.eastovershoe.com
Just did that a couple of weeks ago with an R1 on my 2650. I had a floor jack under the axle and was able to tweek the height up or down a tad to get a couple of studs through the holes and then pick it up just enough to slip the rim over the rest of them.

MUCH less work than I feared.

fruitcakesa

Equipment
M 6040
Oct 26, 2010
Cavendish Vermont
I found a 3/8" thick steel pin stuck through a lug on the rear R4 and was able to remove it and repair the hole with multiple strands of heavy duty tire plug.
I left the wheel on the tractor with the hole on top and lost no ballast.
The repair is still holding 2 years later.

gk527

Equipment
Kubota B2650
Apr 6, 2017
Central Kentucky
After bouncing back and forth between the tractor dealer and the tire shop I finally got the tire fixed. Tractor dealer took the remaining fluid out. Tire shop patched it. Then the tractor dealer put fluid back in.

Had a friend come help me put it back on the tractor. Wasn’t as bad as I thought it’d be. Placed the tire on a thin piece of wood then slid it sideways on to the tractor. Five minutes if that.

Come to find out there are a few guys setup with mobile tractor tire repair around me. Yeah it would’ve cost more, but it would’ve been done quicker and with a lot less aggravation.

Here’s a picture of the remaining fluid coming out that the tractor dealer couldn’t get out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro