B2650 Rear PTO problem

Torrin

Equipment
B2650, loader, Front snowblower, Cab, driveway drag, backblade, brush mower
Jun 7, 2014
Mecosta County MI USA
Good Afternoon

I have an interesting and expensive problem. When i engage my rear pto with a 52" brush mower on it the mower deck and the tractor just slams hard enough to raise the deck off the ground. Is that normal, and if not how do I fix it?

I made the mistake of engaging the PTO when I had the deck up in the air and the whole top link section came through the lower window on my cab. Learned not to do that.

Kingcreek

Equipment
Grand L3010 GST 4wd, LA481FEL, various attachments and accessories
Aug 3, 2011
NW Illinois
engage at idle speed using clutch and let clutch out slowly. once it is spinning ease RPMs up to operating speed.

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
Have you checked to make sure both blades are still there and whole? If you are missing a blade or one is broken it will put it off balance and cause the mower to move violently.

Stmar

Equipment
B2650HSDC
May 23, 2017
Buffalo, Wyoming
Since you have a cab I assume you have the HSDC model and no clutch. My mower has a bit of a jar when engaged even at idle. The mower is an older model brush hog and I know the blades are not balanced, they have been sharpened/ground many times. I figured the jar at start up was normal, after it engages it runs normally. I have never tried to engage it while suspended, always on the ground, so thanks for the heads up on the potential result since these cabs cannot be cheap to fix.

Torrin

Equipment
B2650, loader, Front snowblower, Cab, driveway drag, backblade, brush mower
Jun 7, 2014
Mecosta County MI USA
Thanks for all the replies. I will have put the mower in the barn and tip it up to check the blade(s)